Fender Bronco Bridge saddles

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

J0K1

Fender Bronco Bridge saddles

Post by J0K1 »

Where can I buy Fender Bronco bridge saddles?
:?:
Addam

Post by Addam »

1970! :lol:
But, seriously unless you're lucky you will have to improvise.
Danelectro saddles are a half decent atlernative.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

when i make my second million, i'm buying a bronco and then all the parts to build a bronco. FUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

fuck this is what im talking about Dots. 8 years ago i would give this dude a website within 30 seconds

ever since fender started making all this stupid shit ive given up on fucking with my own guitars.

wasn't there a parts website called jennie? or jenny?

i know it was a chicks name and it had bronco knobs for like 30 bucks a piece remember?
dots wrote:incesticide
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

robroe wrote:fuck this is what im talking about Dots. 8 years ago i would give this dude a website within 30 seconds

ever since fender started making all this stupid shit ive given up on fucking with my own guitars.

i know it was a chicks name and it had bronco knobs for like 30 bucks a piece remember?
Angela
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

good job dude.

check out this site.

they might have something you need

http://www.angela.com/
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

robroe wrote:fuck this is what im talking about Dots. 8 years ago i would give this dude a website within 30 seconds

can't they find the original plates or casts they used for making bronco parts, god damn it?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i don't fucking know

what the fuck
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

dots wrote:

can't they find the original plates or casts they used for making bronco parts, god damn it?

CBS probably gave them away to some Fender salesman as some sort of promotion or some other stunt. They were known to do stupid shit like that. :evil:
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

MattK

Post by MattK »

Or maybe, and no offence, but in the mid 70s when nobody had bought a Bronco in a few years, they figured it wasn't worth keeping a big pile of bridge spares for something which only sold a few thousand units. The rarity is why we love them.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

MatthewK wrote:Or maybe, and no offence, but in the mid 70s when nobody had bought a Bronco in a few years, they figured it wasn't worth keeping a big pile of bridge spares for something which only sold a few thousand units. The rarity is why we love them.
THIS. Y'all act like Fender is some great conspiracy to suppress your tastes, but it's just that dudes only like the rarest, weirdest, dorkiest crap.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I have almost all the parts for another complete Bronco trem but the correct saddles and the spring retainer are still eluding me.

I actually have some original Bronco saddles I bought from Cooter but they are all for the D and G strings.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

theshadowofseattle wrote:
MatthewK wrote:Or maybe, and no offence, but in the mid 70s when nobody had bought a Bronco in a few years, they figured it wasn't worth keeping a big pile of bridge spares for something which only sold a few thousand units. The rarity is why we love them.
THIS. Y'all act like Fender is some great conspiracy to suppress your tastes, but it's just that dudes only like the rarest, weirdest, dorkiest crap.
"During the 1970's, CBS management cut back on the existing Fender product lines and offered hardly any new models. The last Esquires and Duo-sonics of the period were made in 1969. The Jaguar disappeared around 1975, and by 1980 the Bronco, Jazzmaster, Musicmaster and Thinline Tele would all be phased our of production..." pg 84 The Fender Electric Guitar Book, Tony Bacon
Disciple of Pain

J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

taylornutt wrote:I have almost all the parts for another complete Bronco trem but the correct saddles and the spring retainer are still eluding me.

I actually have some original Bronco saddles I bought from Cooter but they are all for the D and G strings.
I sent you PM.

I could get my guitar playable if I got even one bridge saddle.
J0K1

Post by J0K1 »

Addam wrote:1970! :lol:
But, seriously unless you're lucky you will have to improvise.
Danelectro saddles are a half decent atlernative.
Now I have the Danelectro bridge saddles but it is not working.

Danelectro uses smaller screws so those screws dont fit the bridge baseplate.

Original screws are too big for Danelectro saddles. I could enlarge the saddle holes but it would not really help:
Danelectro saddles are really short, so to raise them to playable height I need to almost max out the height screws. After that they are about the same height with the original saddles. There is also a problem with mounting them to to baseplate because they are at about 30 degree angle now.
However after that the screws that mount saddles to the baseplate are too short.
So I can not get it adjusted to playable action.

And even if I could somehow find the right kind of screws with correct thread size and that are 2 millimeter longer than originals, it would not really be good to have all the saddles at about 30 degree angle (problem with intonation because the saddle is not locked in one place).

I hope that you understood what I was explaining and I would appreciate tips how to work this out.
I can post some picture of the actual situation if it helps to understand what I am saying.

I would need only one bridge saddle to make my guitar playable. 5 of the original saddles are ok, only one is ruined.
So if someone has even one bridge saddle I want to buy it.