Read This Before Posting
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
The aim of the shortscale.org forum is to provide information and encourage discussion on shortscale guitars, all things musical, and just about anything else in a way in which nearly anybody can participate. Most of the rules below are already included in the terms users must agree to in order to post in the forum at shortscale.org. However, these items have been outlined here as a matter of courtesy and clarification. As the site continues to grow, these regulations can be changed or added to at any time, so be sure to check back periodically for any additions or fine tuning. Content found to be in violation of any regulations of shortscale.org can be edited, moved, or deleted by the moderators at their discretion.
- Posting of pornographic, gory, or otherwise offensive images/video/audio will not be accepted. Please keep the visual content of your posts to a "PG-13" level.
- Many of our members also browse this forum from their places of work. As a courtesy to them, links to objectionable material (not to be confused with what is described above) must contain "Not Safe For Work" (NSFW) tags in them. If starting a topic of this nature, be sure to include "NSFW" in the title.
- When starting a new topic, please make sure it is in the correct forum.
- Fostering personal disputes is not the focus or intent of this community. We do not want to police nor be pestered by constant squabbles. While heated and intense discussions keep things lively, personal attacks and bickering (when continued beyond a few posts) need to be taken to private messages, email, or Gabbly. Basically, take that anywhere but here. Please, keep personal arguments from one thread/forum away from other threads/forums.
- Slander, false accusations, and threats of physical violence will not be tolerated.
- Newcomers will be afforded the same respect and consideration current members receive.
- To help with security and to eliminate confusion, alias accounts will be removed.
- Excessive posting of text or images with the intent of derailing conversation (spamming) is not permitted. Hijacking threads/browsers using the Advanced BBCode features is also prohibited.
- Avatars can be no larger than 120 x 120 pixels. Signatures can be no larger than 160 pixels in height. The use of avatars or signatures with the intent of disrupting or annoying forum members is prohibited and could result in the loss of either privilege.
- All multimedia content embedded in posts must have a built-in on/off feature.
- The Uploader image hosting service is provided for active Shortscale.org members only. Accounts suspected of being in violation of this policy will be immediately suspended, and the burden of proof will be upon the user to have his/her hosting reactivated. No exceptions.
- Shortscale is welcoming to people of all creed, color, and preference. Attempts to undermine that, intentional or not, will be addressed directly.
- Take caution when posting links advertising products. While we all can appreciate finding a good bargain, this practice can be and has been abused for the purpose of self promotion and profit. The only appropriate sections for said actions are Classifieds and Whore House which have minimum post limits for entry in order to discourage fraud and other predatory practices. Anyone suspected of using this site solely for self-promotion will have their posts deleted and their account banned until proven otherwise.
- Please post long links in short format. Here's how:
Code: Select all
- Copy the link, and press the "URL" button. You'll then see this: [url] - Insert an equal sign (=) and between the "l" and the "]" - Paste the copied link next to the equal sign. [url=http://www.google.com/] - Next to the closed bracket, enter your text or description. [url=http://www.google.com/]LINK - Click the "URL" button once again [url=http://www.google.com/]LINK[/url] - When posted, your link will appear like this: