project of the moment = 67 mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

goldengurls

project of the moment = 67 mustang

Post by goldengurls »

i almost started another duo sonic II build after I sold my red one, some of you may recollect it. I got a nice offer on it and sold it because we were going into the studio and I thought we needed $$$$, later i realized my thoughts were in error. So 1 guitar down I set out to replace the duo sonic. I have as of now a 67 body, a 67 trem and bridge, a 67 control plate with pots and all that, a 73 neck pickup, a 67 bridge pickup, 67 f-plate with serial. I post some shots of the rebuild as it comes together. i am still in need of a great neck and tuners

the body is shit brown stained
mustang afflicted duo sonic II junkie.
TexasSwede

Post by TexasSwede »

Sounds interesting! I'll be watching for the updates. I wanted to do this some time back but didn't have the patience. After scouring ebay, craigslist, etc. for months looking for 1968-69 pieces, it got put on a shelf. Hopefully you'll inspire me to start up again.

BTW, you never know where you'll come across a neck. A couple of years ago, I happened to have a nice 16JAN68B neck offered to me for cheap after an unrelated post on another forum! It's currently paired with a Cooterfinger duo body.
Member on ReRanch wrote:Virtually EVERY SINGLE PROJECT over at Offset starts with a man, a dream, and a turd brown Jag/Jazz/Mustang.
goldengurls

Post by goldengurls »

some of the parts should be here on monday, i will start posting shots of it as it comes together. I only wish putting together jags was as easy lol
Phil O'Keefe

Post by Phil O'Keefe »

Sounds like a fun build. What color is the body?
goldengurls

Post by goldengurls »

stained shot brown, a personal favorite of mine. I bought a killer vintage tort guard for it