Angled Toms

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Al_

Angled Toms

Post by Al_ »

HAET

The drummer I recorded last night had his rack toms nearly vertical--pain in the ass to close mic from the front. Probably should have just tried a Glynn Johns setup or something; but I've never used that technique before and didn't want to futz around with a band standing there. Anyway, my close mic on the first rack Tom ended up pointing pretty much straight at the snare as well. Great.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Dude, make drummers setup their toms flat no matter what. There's no way in hell a stick is gonna make good contact with the head unless drummer is hitting weird and shit. I'm always bothered when I see drummers playing almost sitting on the floor with the drumset way up in the air and everything at 45 degree angles and shit. Sit high keep shit flat, beat DOWN on it for POWERRRRR.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Sloan wrote:Dude, make drummers setup their toms flat no matter what. There's no way in hell a stick is gonna make good contact with the head unless drummer is hitting weird and shit. I'm always bothered when I see drummers playing almost sitting on the floor with the drumset way up in the air and everything at 45 degree angles and shit. Sit high keep shit flat, beat DOWN on it for POWERRRRR.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

sorry ill take bonzo and moonie and tommy and dave over travis barker's dumbass looking kit any day

Al_

Post by Al_ »

Recording came out ok, who'd a thunk.