Graffiti Yellow

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Graffiti Yellow

Post by westtexasred »

"Powerhouse" Strat!

Last edited by westtexasred on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

What's in back--active electronics?
Yell Like Hell
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

The body shape looks off somehow.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

theshadowofseattle wrote:The body shape looks off somehow.
I think it's the camera angle, although I do agree that the upper horn LOOKS HORNIER.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

The one on the left is a Fernandes "64" model

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

DGNR8 wrote:What's in back--active electronics?
Yes the bottom tone knob controls a mid range boost

ultratwin wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:The body shape looks off somehow.
I think it's the camera angle, although I do agree that the upper horn LOOKS HORNIER.
The one on the left is a Fernandes "64" model based on the pre CBS strat body. I don't know what model strat body the PH is based on.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

RAD GUITAR BRA!!!

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

"I don't like that surfin' shit. Rock and roll's been going down hill ever since Buddy Holly died."

paul_

Post by paul_ »

My first drummer had one in white with the maple fingerboard which became an early backup for me, when I wanted a Strat really bad before I got my AV '57 I'd use it all night sometimes. Nice Strat, though despite giving it a full set-up (he never got into playing guitar) I could never get the string tension I liked out of it on bends, maybe due to the fingerboard specs, though my Jag was my #1 at the time and would've had even less string tension so I dunno... I just like my Strats really snappy, low action with high tension. It sounded great though, and I actually liked the mid-boost thing even though I'm not big on active electronics (the best thing about it for me was the global tone control so you could tame the bridge pickup).
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Cool. Dont recall ever seeing a graff yellow Fender irl 8)
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

One of my fave finishes, plus it sets off that paisley tele beautifully. :)
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

Cool guitar! I love graffiti yellow.

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

These are photos from my 2002 Fender Frontline catalog. It says that Graffiti Yellow (color code #63) is a new color for 2002. That's weird because I have read that Fender used this color on Strat Plus guitars in the 80's. Did Fender actually use this name in the the literature back then?

crumpler

Post by crumpler »

everytime i see a graffiti yellow strat i think of hulk hogan.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Kewl

[youtube][/youtube]
Retropedro

Graffiti Yellow

Post by Retropedro »

I have a 1987 / 1988 Fender Stratocaster Plus in Graffiti Yellow with a maple neck and maple fretboard. I bought it new back in 1988 because of the colour (first time offered), the Gold Lace Sensors (first time offered), the two point tremolo (first time offered), Sperzel locking tuners (first time offered), Wilkinson roller nut (first time offered) and TBX tone control (first time offered). I changed the plain white pickguard for a plain green one (Australia's sporting colours - Green and Yellow). I have also upgraded to the improved LSR roller nut and it has been refretted with jumbo frets (originals worn out). Up to quiet recently this guitar was the only electric that I owned and played.

BillClay

Re: Graffiti Yellow

Post by BillClay »

Retropedro wrote:
You have made the bossest fucking strat ever. Holy shit. How does it feel to be you?
Retropedro

Post by Retropedro »

How I feel . . . The Fender maple neck with maple fretboard is 9 1/2″ radius and 1 11/16″ wide at the nut, refretted with 22 jumbo frets that provide more sustain. The contoured Fender Stratocaster body was the first ergonomic solid body and feels very compfortable. More importantly the guitar stays in tune when using the two point tremolo with the LRS roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners. The Gold Lace Sensors are noiseless and sound very clear, adjusted as high as possible to the strings and don't have any magnet string pull, hence they are very responsive with a vintage single coil twang. They aren't as good as the Australian designed and made Kinman Broadcaster noiseless pickups that I have recently installed into a 1969 style Fender Telecaster Thinline. Aged nitro 3 tone Sunburst (Dad's colour) MJT Mahogany semi hollow body, new Fender Telecaster maple neck / fretboard with 22 medium frets and Fender locking tuners, aged pearliod pickguard, aged Fender six saddle vintage bridge.
Last edited by Retropedro on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
westtexasred

Re: Graffiti Yellow

Post by westtexasred »

JSRF!

"Don't use your eyes, just try to feel it, you know?"

ImageImage