A quick question about the Vintage Modified Jaguar

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

ZombieLloyd

A quick question about the Vintage Modified Jaguar

Post by ZombieLloyd »

My brother is getting a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar tomorrow and I was going to try it out to see if I wanted one. Before I decide, I wanted to know if I could put the bridge of my ESP LTD V-50 in the Jaguar? I heard the Jaguar's bridge pops the strings out if you play hard. I play hard. Thank you in advance, sorry if this seems like a stupid question
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

It seems your ESP just has a tune-o-matic bridge? I'm guessing you could probably do it, but it sounds like a headache. The J. Mascis Jazzmaster comes with a tune-o-matic. You'd be better off just buying one of those straight up.

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar and I have no problems with the bridge. You could give it a try, and if you don't like just switch to a Mustang bridge.
moore65

Post by moore65 »

It might work but then you'd have no bridge for the ESP. There are better solutions. Check these out:

http://www.jag-stang.com/forum/topic/35 ... he-bridge/
http://www.fenderjaguar.net/setup.htm

I had problems with the low E string popping out of the tune-o-matic on my Les Paul, so I filed the groove down. It works a lot better though I cut too much and it looks sloppy. I don't have much experience with Jags so maybe someone else can chime in.
Bronco Bass
Squier Strat w/Hot Rails,
flea market nylon classical,
Ibanez bass w/Quarter Pounder X 2
Union Jack DC Epiphone LP
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

singlepickup24 wrote:I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar and I have no problems with the bridge. You could give it a try, and if you don't like just switch to a Mustang bridge.
Oddly, I had no problems with my E string popping off the saddle with the stock Jaguar bridge, but I did when I changed to a Mustang bridge. I've since gone back to the Jaguar bridge.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
ZombieLloyd

Post by ZombieLloyd »

Ankhanu wrote:
singlepickup24 wrote:I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar and I have no problems with the bridge. You could give it a try, and if you don't like just switch to a Mustang bridge.
Oddly, I had no problems with my E string popping off the saddle with the stock Jaguar bridge, but I did when I changed to a Mustang bridge. I've since gone back to the Jaguar bridge.
My brother's VM Jaguar has this problem, but then again he's using the stock strings. On the bright side it's great to play on and the sunburst looks better in real life compared to pictures online
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Ankhanu wrote:
what made you switch in the first place? just curious. . .
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

dots wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
what made you switch in the first place? just curious. . .
Mostly just for the hell of it, though my frontman/guitar guy occasionally plays my Jag, and the way he picks was pushing the E off the saddle, so I was attempting to prevent that a bit. I was buying a bridge cover, so bought the Mustang bridge at the same time (came to ~$25 total for both, new). Ya know, I kinda think the Mustang saddles look prettier too, but, that doesn't much matter with the cover on ;)
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
ZombieLloyd

Post by ZombieLloyd »

I found out that if you raise the bridge saddles, no more string popping
xxhoixx

VM Jaguar

Post by xxhoixx »

I just ordered one of these guitars from GC and it's back ordered for a month. That's a bummer...so I bought a Sonic Blue Jazzmaster to hold me over for that month.