cubase?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

bob wrote:ah right, im talking about the kick drum mic

yeah, i haven't heard too too much about it seems to be looked good upon. not a "bad" mic.

have you used the Audix D6?

Also, I just found this site today and wonder if these are any good (they're cheap!):
http://www.avantelectronics.com/AMK.htm
Last edited by Sloan on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Nah i havent, I've heard good things though. The main kick mics I've used are AKG D112, AKG D12 and that one. The sennheiser was wicked, the D12 was cool too. Best thing i ever got from the D12 was a vocal take though.
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

bob wrote:Nah i havent, I've heard good things though. The main kick mics I've used are AKG D112, AKG D12 and that one. The sennheiser was wicked, the D12 was cool too. Best thing i ever got from the D12 was a vocal take though.
so you have used the e602 and it was really good?
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Absolutely, most of my recordings from uni have it on kick drum. I think I've only tried it on bass once, and it was good but nothing special.
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

bob wrote:Absolutely, most of my recordings from uni have it on kick drum. I think I've only tried it on bass once, and it was good but nothing special.
cool, is there anyway you could send me a recording or something?
I'm really looking for a good kick mic. Roght now I actually get the best results from an EV N/D something vocal mic. It works really good, but of course I have to do some extreme EQ.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I'll listen to what i have and upload some clips to yousendit or something. Once i buy a new power cable for my external harddrive i'll have access to just the kick track wave file.
Shabba.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

yousendit link

That was done with one, the mix was just from after the tracking, but luckily the drummer did it so the kick is nice and loud. its with some compression and EQ on the kick, but i cant remember how heavy.
Shabba.
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

The D6 is amazing. Get one.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Jesse wrote:The D6 is amazing. Get one.
That's what I've thought from the samples. I'm really wanting to actually use one. I've tried to score some for cheap on ebay, but they all pretty much go for like $150 - $180 anyway which is retarded since I could get one for $199 and FREE shipping at just about any online retailer.
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

It's true. Actually, most of those d-series mics are outstanding, and I suggest that everyone at least try them out at some point. Great frequency respone and sound for the price, that's for sure.
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

Also, I forgot, I don't support Protools. Go with Cubase if anything. Frankly, the new M-Boxes have such unreliable internal clocks, and the fact that you need the hardware to run it doesn't help either. At least with Cubase/Nuendo/etc, you have your choice of hardware.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Surely if you dislike Pro Tools for whatever reason, Logic is a better choice than Cubase or Nuendo.

I havent used one of the new mboxes, but I've never had any problems at all with the original ones, and the orgiginal ones will have dropped in value now the newer ones are out.
Shabba.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

bob wrote:Surely if you dislike Pro Tools for whatever reason, Logic is a better choice than Cubase or Nuendo.

I havent used one of the new mboxes, but I've never had any problems at all with the original ones, and the orgiginal ones will have dropped in value now the newer ones are out.

Agreed.

A digi001 factory like I have I payed $400 for it on ebay.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Boner! Can you hook that shit up to a laptop?
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Al_

Post by Al_ »

Probably not--the 001 interfaces through a PCI card.
vivadeluxxe

Post by vivadeluxxe »

bob wrote:Surely if you dislike Pro Tools for whatever reason, Logic is a better choice than Cubase or Nuendo.
I agree Logic is definately better...
Altho it's only available on Mac. I think that new Macs come with Garageband which is like a stripped down, Fisher Price version of Logic but based on the same technology...
I've not used it, but from what I've heard you can get some really good results from it, if you're just using it for writing and demos...