Pressing tracks to vinyl.

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Doog wrote:
kingoftherodeo wrote:Thanks a million for that. I wouldn't want too many doing, due to the, somewhat, lack of interest in vinyl these days.
You say that, but it's very much the done thing to do in underground punk/indie/metal circles. I guess those kinda genres inspire more High Fidelity-esque fanboyism and "snobbery" than your standard rock music though.
From my experience, both my personal buying habits and seeing merch tables. Vinyl seems to be more popular than CD's. People who want an actual tactile experience with their music would much rather have the large artwork of an LP and the inferred "collectibility" of vinyl. CDs have sort of become a buy it, rip it, forget it item... people would rather just download tracks for a fee than buy a cd most of the time I think. Of course, the LP with included download coupon is always the best option. :)
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
knpknpknp

Post by knpknpknp »

That is the case with me for sure. When you have the choice of vinyl it feels a lot more special. I think people are more likely to buy an album only on vinyl than one on CD. With a CD, it gets put in my computer, and then on my CD shelf. My records get played on the computer (yay download codes) and then on the record player.

But really, it just feels a lot more limited, even if it may not be. I think with vinyl you are selling the experience.