Awesomeness on the go...

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Awesomeness on the go...

Post by ultratwin »

Had Elliot Smith still been around he'd probably do a few albums in the bathroom alone with one of these. I'd love one for pulling off a decent demo on the fly, or tracking at a friend's house. Yum.

A good quality stereo 24-bit portable WAV/mp3 recorder on AA batteries:

http://roland.co.jp/DTMP/index.html

Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

d00dz.
I so posted this a long time ago in response to the BOSS micro recorder thing.

I've been wanting to check these out because I like the idea of being an on-the-go songwriter. Also, i think they have inputs that would be great for mixer-out live sound recordings. There are a few different recording units similar to this one in the same price range, but I think this is the one to watch.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

how does the price compare to a portable dat machine?
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

bob wrote:how does the price compare to a portable dat machine?
It's $399 USD.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

it looks like a dat costs ?150-200 s/h on ebay, which assuming that the uk price isnt hiked on the recorded in this thread (which is unlikey, i imagine itll be about ?300/$560) is roughly the same
Shabba.
n_strow
I know you are but what am I?

Post by n_strow »

Sloan wrote:d00dz.
I so posted this a long time ago in response to the BOSS micro recorder thing.

I've been wanting to check these out because I like the idea of being an on-the-go songwriter. Also, i think they have inputs that would be great for mixer-out live sound recordings. There are a few different recording units similar to this one in the same price range, but I think this is the one to watch.
Ha, Boss is the guitar effects division of Roland so they are kinda competing with themselves.
iCEByTes wrote:put a Melon in your head and big paper talking your fellings about them and start run naked over streets .... screaming like a fag you they
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

actually its a clever move, its like when people price check dixons against currys without realising theyre the same company (though i think they changed the name to be currys digital now or something), and think theyre getting a good deal with either because its the same price elsewhere

that example still works with currys/pc world btw

if someone doesnt like the boss version, for whatever reason, theyre more likely to check one out thats branded roland than another branded boss, plus theyve already sorted the technology for it
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Hey, here's a new entry into the portable recorder market. I kind of like the way it looks and the fact that the mics are setup for the 90deg stereo recording thing. Kind of cool:

http://www.music123.com/Zoom-H4-Handy-R ... 1158.music
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yup. Both those things would be sexay for acoustic/voice stuff.
handen

Post by handen »

Sloan wrote:Hey, here's a new entry into the portable recorder market. I kind of like the way it looks and the fact that the mics are setup for the 90deg stereo recording thing. Kind of cool:

http://www.music123.com/Zoom-H4-Handy-R ... 1158.music
Something like this'd be great for bootlegging live gigs...