(sorry I'm sure this has been asked many times) Jagmaster PG

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Mustang Melx

(sorry I'm sure this has been asked many times) Jagmaster PG

Post by Mustang Melx »

ok a simple question.

I need a B/W/B pickguard for the most recent Shortscale Jagmaster, totally standard controls and shape.... with as little fuss as possible, cheap as possible, and without stupid postage amounts to the UK.

btw, I don't have one to draw around, so somewhere that knows what I'm after would be handy.

cheers Melx
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I had one made by Jeanie's Pickguards for my old Jagmaster. It's in St. Jimmy's possession now, but it was flawless. All the screw holes lined up and it was quality.
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Sparky wrote:I had one made by Jeanie's Pickguards for my old Jagmaster. It's in St. Jimmy's possession now, but it was flawless. All the screw holes lined up and it was quality.
I've just send them a message through ebay to find out about postage....
Marquischacha

Post by Marquischacha »

let us know roughly postage costs to UK because i could do with one too
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Marquischacha wrote:let us know roughly postage costs to UK because i could do with one too
ok, he want's $26.50 for postage
the guard is $42.95 (b/w/b)

so that's $68.35 in total.

that converts to about £42.

mmmmm......not exactly cheap is it? :(
Narco Martenot

Post by Narco Martenot »

The price they gave you is probably for Priority Mail International.

If you do not mind waiting an extra few days to a week, ask if they will ship it First Class -- it should cost around $9 USD.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Mustang Melx wrote:
Sparky wrote:I had one made by Jeanie's Pickguards for my old Jagmaster. It's in St. Jimmy's possession now, but it was flawless. All the screw holes lined up and it was quality.
I've just send them a message through ebay to find out about postage....
DUDES NOES! Jeannies pickguards are massive twats...there was athread on this subject. Product is okay (as long as you don't get that which you precisely stated you didn't want to get)...but at least two people here have had AWFUL experiences with Roger the dude behind it. I'd consider other companies. Voting with ones wallet and all that. Sorry for thread dearil but need to give my 2 cents worth due to extreme hatage of Jeannies.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

that was my thread about a musicmaster bass pg. the guy is a bit of a douche to talk to, and he has a hard time making sense of what you're asking. and he wants like $20 to cut a hole differently. i had originally asked him before about doing a s/h set up on my vista jagmaster.

it was going to be $90 or summit close. retarded. i'll probably have to end up getting my mm pg through him and it will be like $60 or so. no other choice, really.

thrad
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Jeannie's Pickguards are terrible. Avoid.

Here, google search, stick this up your arse:

"Jeannie Jeannies Jeannie's Pickguards Awful Bad Customer Service Do Not Buy Bad Workmanship Beligerant Emailing Rip Off"
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I don't know what you guys are talking about. He responded well to me via email. The auction wasn't 100% clear about what model Jagmaster the pickguard tracing was for, but we figure it out and I got a quality pickguard for a reasonable price. Not a single issue whatsoever.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

We have a multitude of members who have experienced terrible customer service and shoddy product.
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Mike wrote:We have a multitude of members who have experienced terrible customer service and shoddy product.
Hey Mike.... I trust your judgement on this...

Who would you recommend?
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

]
Mike wrote:We have a multitude of members who have experienced terrible customer service and shoddy product.
Hey Mike.... I trust your judgement on this...

Who would you recommend? I can't believe there isn't somewhere in the UK :(
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'm sorry to admit I'm not sure I can give an alternative, I just know I would tread very carefully with them, particularly as yours is a new Jagmaster, they may well just give you a Vista version and tell you to fuck off from what I've heard.

have you tried some websearching?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

robroe's always on about pickguardian, they do squier replacements.

http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/Products.html
lancer88

yea

Post by lancer88 »

maybe one day companies will learn what keeps thier companies alive (us) :lol:
"Jesus Murphy!"
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Sparky wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. He responded well to me via email. The auction wasn't 100% clear about what model Jagmaster the pickguard tracing was for, but we figure it out and I got a quality pickguard for a reasonable price. Not a single issue whatsoever.
to be fair if you were buying a stock pickguard then there's little oportunity for an expanded correspondence however try getting a custom pickguard out of the idiot who runs the company. Just terrible customer service and rude with it. I wouldn't touch with someone elses beshitted cock. Only a guy trades under the name of Planet violin on ebay get more hate from me ...
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.