new electro harmonix stuff

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

sp3k

new electro harmonix stuff

Post by sp3k »

http://www.ehx.com/blog/2009-summer-namm

The memory boy seems really promising, expecialy if it is really going to cost 99$

Also the reverb has presets and reversed reverb! That's what i've been wanting for long time!
suede

Post by suede »

memory boy since a bit big still, more like a memory teen...memory toy in the other hand seems about right...looking forward to the cathedral...
I'll see you in hell with the rest of the trash
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

A picture says a thousand words. I think these look great, EHX are giving people what they want.

endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Definitely anxious for a memory boy. Really love teh looks of it too.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
benecol

Post by benecol »

Why wasn't I aware that this one had an expression pedal input? I can see one of these in my future...
Haze

Post by Haze »

I love my carbon copy, but thats because it was it was in my price range while the XO Memory Man wasn't
If the memory toy is a bit closer i'll have to check it out, otherwise the MBoy looks phenomenal, i'll have to see how the Cathedral compares to my RV-7 aswell. I'm really liking what EXH is doing, their easily my favourite pedal company around today
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

the cathedral looks like a verbzilla or a rv-7 with presets! that's what i've been wanting for ages!
less_cunning

Post by less_cunning »

super psyched for the Cathedral pedal!!! it may be the first pedal i actually go to Guitar Center to buy brand new fresh-out-the-boxxx w/ printed receipt.

hope its in the $214 price-range like the Hazarai pedal.
chisa

Post by chisa »

i wants the memory boy, i bet it is like £150 over here :lol:
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Mike wrote:A picture says a thousand words. I think these look great, EHX are giving people what they want.

Not me, I think the company however from a focus and product standpoint is firing on all pistons. They really seem to be listening to what people on the net are saying. I personally like fuzz pedals and big goofy modulation boxes that make weird noises and they seem to be moving away from that, all the fuzzes are too modern sounding or metal. I'd like to see them go backwards with the fuzz pedals not forward.

I used to be a big ehx whore now I'm lukewarm but happy for the company releasing so much stuff even if it's not my thing.
less_cunning

Post by less_cunning »

i decided today that i am going to give my two Dano pedals away for free to someone that is either queer, low-income or under-the-age of 18 (& i will cover shipping...) & either get an Octave Multiplexer or a Micro POG if i can catch one for cheap, since people are probably gonna ditch them for the POG2

& i won't be using, buying or supporting Dano. period. i will support, use & buy EHX.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFfFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i am now a posting member of EHX on face book.

join that shit and promote SHORTSCALE.ORG

http://www.facebook.com/ElectroHarmonix

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IS "REFLEX TUNE"

I HOPE ITS FUCKING KANYE WEST IN A BOX. THAT SHIT WOULD RULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAL
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

don't the talk box to that kind off stuff already?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

how would i know?

there are no demos of this new pedal yet?
less_cunning

Post by less_cunning »

i read somewhere that the Vocoder on the Voicebox is kind of weak. its still kind of hard to get a decent Vocoder w/o getting an expensive synth or a rack. EHX is obviously trying to bridge that gap/satisfy that demand.

& yes, EHX should definitely be commended for their innovative, farward outsidethebox thinking. there are enough backward-thinking, deriv boutique & mass-produced pedals out now. i wanna see some ideas. it's the 21st for crying out loud. how many variations of the Big Muff does there need to be?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

don't suck at all. quite fucking awesome in fact.

here i am with everyones favorite gear demo ever.

[youtube][/youtube]
jimib

Post by jimib »

YES THE CATHEDRAL I WAS HOPING FOR THISSSSSS.

Reverse and presets? Goodbye Holier Grail, hellos to deluxe cathedral
jimib

Post by jimib »

i think slowly my pedal board will end up all EHX at this rate....
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

jcyphe wrote:
Mike wrote:A picture says a thousand words. I think these look great, EHX are giving people what they want.

Not me, I think the company however from a focus and product standpoint is firing on all pistons. They really seem to be listening to what people on the net are saying. I personally like fuzz pedals and big goofy modulation boxes that make weird noises and they seem to be moving away from that, all the fuzzes are too modern sounding or metal. I'd like to see them go backwards with the fuzz pedals not forward.

I used to be a big ehx whore now I'm lukewarm but happy for the company releasing so much stuff even if it's not my thing.
You have to admit you have somewhat niche tastes? This stuff is definitely what the yacht-pedalboard shoegaze indiepants kids love.