cheap wireless units

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

cheap wireless units

Post by robert(original) »

i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with wireless stuff.
im usually pretty anti wireless(reminds me of bad 80's music) but since im doing so much running and moving around(and so is everyone else) then i feel like i need to invest.
plus i hate comming un-plugged.
so. any pro's? and big cons?
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

I think Fran's got a wireless setup... maybe PM him if he doesn't chime in.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The problem is if you do TOO much running and jumping you just lose signal. It happened to a friend of mine, and lead guitar cutting out mid-song isn't the best thing that could happen.

As long as you don't jump offstage like him, though, it sounds like a good idea.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i probly wouldn't be more than 20-30 feet from the signal box. is that too far for something midline?
i don't really want to spend more than 200 bones, and if i can find one used for cheapz then thats the best.
im just thinking about, cell phones, lights, electrical wiring, tv's etc.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

The guys from Oxes used to use them. They walk all over the damn place, climb up on the bar wander around the crowd and such even walk outside the club. Always sounded perfect. They weren't a huge band or anything so I cant imagine this was top shelf stuff they were using.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Dogma Hollow

Post by Dogma Hollow »

It's been my experience you get what you pay for. I bought a mid-level AKG setup, and it was OK, but a bit noisy and cut some low end off my bass. I haven't been in a metal band for years though, so I don't use one anymore. Sennheiser makes some quality stuff, IMO.

Make sure you check its frequency range, whatever you get. Make sure you're not losing anything important.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

A lot of peeps really like the Line6 digital system. They were a different brand that got bought by Line6, so hopefully they won't skank out on you.