projects in the works

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

the_dude wrote:
jcyphe wrote:How are people still getting suckered by them?

Jeez, the balls they had to diss RobOG. First off when he was making bodies he used way better lumber than NoHo, charged $40-$70, told people what to expect, and fixed anything out of the norm.

Remember this guy who wanted RobOG to make him a body.

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/ind ... 461.0.html

:|

I wasn't even gonna say anything, but damn you think by now people would know the deal.
does RobertOG still make bodiez?!?
Generally no, but feel free to PM him. Just don;t come on the board whining like a little bithc when he says no like the above mentioned guy....
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Ty

Post by Ty »

I'm guessing that guy is now a offset user.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I believe so... He got shit here because Robert tried to politely say no and he kept pushing it...People probably jumped on him a little hard, but he wouldn't listen and got defensive.

Under the right circumstances, RobOg might still make a random guitar body or two, but I think he had too much drama for little benefit to him to keep doign it for every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wanted a custom order jagstang/Mustang/Jazzy/guitar.
Last edited by mickie08 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Ty

Post by Ty »

Oh, well his lost loss.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

why do people gotta be such dicks robertog is really nice and people have to fuck with him aug saying his bodies are shite on jagstang.com and noho coming down over a body.
finboy

Post by finboy »

to be honest the only noho work i had seen to the point of ordering was the malikaster, and while there were complaints about wait time it was a nice body, many on here saw it and can vouch for it. at the time rob wasn't making bodies, though i have since bought one from him that was raw and unfinished, and it did have a better joint. i will say that in pm's with rob since i dealt with that body, he has been a great guy to deal with and gets back to me in a very timely fashion, but as you all know his life has been quite chaotic this last year, and as such he seems to have stepped back from the guitar building. also, at the time i was starting the project i was relatively new to the forum and it doesn't surprise me that quite a few on here are leery of doing business with noobs as previous transactions haven't gone well.

looking back this is a learn from mistakes situation, hopefully noho will come through with the pickguard and my luthier won't find any major flaws with the body.
jcyphe wrote:How are people still getting suckered by them?

Jeez, the balls they had to diss RobOG. First off when he was making bodies he used way better lumber than NoHo, charged $40-$70, told people what to expect, and fixed anything out of the norm.

Remember this guy who wanted RobOG to make him a body.

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/ind ... 461.0.html

:|

I wasn't even gonna say anything, but damn you think by now people would know the deal.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

lots of us tried to get Aug and Dave to stop doing business on here for that very reason.

Your guitar was from a while back but i don't see how people on offset that know he was banned here and Jag-Stang keeping buying into what he's selling.

I am actually peeved you got shoddy work, ask anybody, but believe me when I tell you people here have done everything we can to stop him selling to our forum members, for these exact same reasons. Shoddy work, high custom pricing-when they don't even follow the customers directions, bad or combative customer service. You're not the first person to be burned and sadly you probably won't be the last.

I'm sorry about your situation and hopefully they will come through for you with whatever is left.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
finboy

Post by finboy »

jcyphe wrote:lots of us tried to get Aug and Dave to stop doing business on here for that very reason.

Your guitar was from a while back but i don't see how people on offset that know he was banned here and Jag-Stang keeping buying into what he's selling.

I am actually peeved you got shoddy work, ask anybody, but believe me when I tell you people here have done everything we can to stop him selling to our forum members, for these exact same reasons. Shoddy work, high custom pricing-when they don't even follow the customers directions, bad or combative customer service. You're not the first person to be burned and sadly you probably won't be the last.

I'm sorry about your situation and hopefully they will come through for you with whatever is left.
they have offered to redo the body, but downtime is my big concern due to

A: shitty weather that strikes calgary for a few weeks in february every year and pretty much keeps me from getting anyhwere
and
B: 6-8 weeks downtime for shipping is even more wait time

with luck my luthier can take care of the body w/o much issue and noho can get that guard together and send it out while the body is being worked on
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

6-8 weeks shipping?

Are you fucking kidding me? It takes a WEEK for me to ship pedals from England to Canada/US. They are constantly lying, and trying to get themselves out of righting the wrong by putting you off. That estimate is a joke. Get the replacement from them. They owe you it.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Hurb wrote:you could see the join of wood in the painted body of the mercury i played.
Yes you can - is annoying.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Demand either a refund or a new body at your door in the next two weeks. How long does it take to cut a body? I'm not sure but I'm guessing that if motivated a person can do it in a day.

It does nearly make me angry. I almost feel like logging in to js.com just to have a rant, but won't.
finboy

Post by finboy »

Mike wrote:6-8 weeks shipping?

Are you fucking kidding me? It takes a WEEK for me to ship pedals from England to Canada/US. They are constantly lying, and trying to get themselves out of righting the wrong by putting you off. That estimate is a joke. Get the replacement from them. They owe you it.
thats just my experience shipping from usps, a body is usually about 30 usd to ship and takes about 3 weeks due to customs. one can speed it up with more expensive shipping or going with fedex/ups. i'll find out more after the weekend, if my luthier says the body is fucked, i'll have no choice but getting a new one cut. at this point i've told them to hold off on a new body until i find out more, apparently the pick guard for my body is specific due to the bridge plate. whether that means the need to make a new template, or work off of a body, i don't know.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

It looks like they didn't use a jointer to get the surfaces of the pieces true before glueing, or if they did they need to replace their blades. It's not even on one example as people have stated, it's on a bunch where they have terrible joins like that.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I don't understand. They clearly can't make guitar bodies. Why are they charging prices as if they could? Like if they offered them at cost, for them to practice on, then you wouldn't mind.

At any point did they contact you to say that they were having problems with the joins?
finboy

Post by finboy »

no contact, but they have offered a refund or replacing the body if it will be too pricey to fix, i'm hoping the body won't have to go back to replace the guard.
dawnofzion

Post by dawnofzion »

I can't believe that body was shipped out like that to you, especially at that price. I can't believe they are charging that much for a body anyway. And as for the shipping time that is BS. I shipped a TT cabinet into canada via USPS and it arrived in 6 days. You are getting hosed by these guys.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

dawnofzion wrote:I can't believe that body was shipped out like that to you, especially at that price. I can't believe they are charging that much for a body anyway. And as for the shipping time that is BS. I shipped a TT cabinet into canada via USPS and it arrived in 6 days. You are getting hosed by these guys.
We've been saying this since day one. They are complete scoundrels.
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

I had my own unfortunate dealings with NOHO, I didn't mention it on the forum at the time because I didn't want to stir up trouble. I had them make me a Jagmaster pickguard and mailed them a perfect tracing (I drew around the pickguard, how could it not be perfect)...well the thing arrived and they had cut the pickguard 1/4 inch inside the tracing lines so that the screw holes were right on the edge and the screw heads actually stuck past the edge of the pickguard.

I didn't ever contact NOHO about it for several reasons: it had taken a while to arrive in the first place, I didn't think they would actually fix their mistake and I had funded the pickguard by trading a Mustang bridge with Dave (worth about $40) because I was short on cash at the time. At least it was only a pickguard, I could have ordered a Mercury from them and have the same thing happen...
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

For fuck's sake. You gave away a bridge and got nothing for it? I'd be wanting my forty dollars back.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Identical to dots. He got like a rusty incomplete Bronco bridge and a not fit for purpose pickguard in exchange for money.

I have no idea if they've ever not done a shady deal, the evidence is insane