I was given this organ for FREE!

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

More Cowbell

I was given this organ for FREE!

Post by More Cowbell »

My neighbor had this organ in his garage and when I was over at his home last week, I asked him what he was gonna do with it. He said nothing, and that I could have it if I took it away so he can have more room in his garage. Its a bit dirty and some of the pots are scratchy, but its in awesome condition, I believe it to be a 1972-75, on the back is a service sticker with dates from the mid 70's? Anyway, I'm gonna take her apart, they have tube preamps, so atleast I can see whats under the hood and clean it up. If I can , I'll make video in the futurez, its sooooo 70's partridge family esque.

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'm very jealous. What a lush thing.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

What a great deal! I kinda wanna rig one up to some effects and see what happens, so I've been keeping an eye out on craigslist for something like this. I I've seen some go for pretty cheap, too... The only thing that's kept me from buying one is the non-driver Vs. transport issue. I would love to come across the opportunity to just wheel one from a garage to another!
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I could have gotten like 3 free organs a few months ago and maybe with some money at bigass leslie cabinet shit.
But I don't have any place to keep this shit!!!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

why do you guys keep getting free stuff ?

organ donors where the fuck are you ?
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

You can get a lot of these old 70's organs for $100 or less if you just check classifieds and stuff. They're big and people don't want to move them or have them take up space so they try to sell them or they trash them.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

Yeah I see free organs on craiglist all the time. It seems like everyone has one they want to get rid of.
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

light rail coyote wrote:Yeah I see free organs on craiglist all the time.
Whatever happened to old fashioned lonely hearts ads??
ElCapitan

Post by ElCapitan »

organs are blates the best keyboard-based instruments.
iCEByTes wrote:now start drools please
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

I coulda gotten a free patio organ... Except it wasn't meant for the patio. My moms eyes grew cause she always wanted a piano/ organ for the house, but no room at all...

I think it's still on the patio at my friends house.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Oooh :D Nice!
boyecho

Post by boyecho »

heavium wrote:why do you guys keep getting free stuff ?

organ donors where the fuck are you ?
come visit florida. i grew up in a huge retirement area. you can't give organs away there. old people that get swindled into buying them, and never play them, then toss them out on the street.

you can still find wurlitzers and hammonds. no leslie cabs though. all the stupid retired bluesmen snatch them up.
dodgedartdave

Re: I was given this organ for FREE!

Post by dodgedartdave »

More Cowbell wrote:I'm gonna take her apart, they have tube preamps, so atleast I can see whats under the hood and clean it up. If I can , I'll make video in the futurez, its sooooo 70's partridge family esque.
That'll be interesting to see what's under there. What company made it? Is it solid wood? Are you gonna use it as is? or are ya gonna rape it for the tube preamp and whatnot?
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

:( I took it apart and it has no tube preamp...but it has rotating speaker and everything works perfectly.

The brand is Baldwin. Its a Baldwin Bravo.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

That's awesome. My friend/bandmate scored a Hammond L series for $50 from a crappy summer mountain resort thing (in MY town, damn it). It was one of the less desirable Hammonds with built-in speakers and Leslie emulation effect, and the motor is slightly fucked-sounding even after proper oiling, but I think he's getting on with it in his room, and even if he doesn't, it's full of sweet parts. We're gonna wire a new output to it to sort-of fix the motor noise issue for recordings. Sounds pretty sweet apart from that.

If it sounds in any way, shape or form unfair that a couple of naive youngsters snagged a Hammond for this cheap, rest assured I squashed the shit out of my hand in transit.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

i had a baldwin orgasonic that i got at a garage sale for $20, but i had to get rid of it in the move. rip.
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

here's the KAWAI organ i got from my inlaws (for free) some time ago. they bought it new in the late 70s and NEVER used it. it's has 2x12.
now it gots lot of scratchy pots etc. but it's cool. i like the delay vibrato thing. oh and the marimba sounds. kinda like very "baba o' riley"-ish. no looper though. i think it's all solid state, but will open it up. some day.
free is good.

Pat.
my name is Pat.