Squier Vista Series Musicmaster NOW PIC HEAVY!!!!

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

analogsystem

Squier Vista Series Musicmaster NOW PIC HEAVY!!!!

Post by analogsystem »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/654112686.html

so hot for that price....white with large matching headstock.....so tempting.
Last edited by analogsystem on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

FUCKING DO IT!
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

holy good god, white with matching stock, you almost NEVER see those.
grab that shit up, do it now!
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

yeah I saw this last week and I can't believe no-one wanted it because it was just reposted a few hours ago. I emailed him/her to offer a trade for a bass or drum machines or something. I don't have any money unfortunately.....I just finished a jazzmaster project. But that white sure is sweet.

Hopefully this seller is down to trade something.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Oh, I just got the heebee jeebee's! Its God-like!
Can I touch it? :shock:
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

love this guitar

saving for new squier deluxe in oly white pearl though
dots wrote:incesticide
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

I am meeting the guy after work today to trade a boss drum machine and a little cash for it!!! I hope it plays well, as my only musicmaster experience is with 70s ones, which have amazing necks. I'm sure it will be a different feel but it should be cool.

I just found out that the Musicmaster is the only Vista to be made in China not Japan.....I hope this doesn't mean it is a piece of crap. I'll find out later today I suppose.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

You lucky fucksack.
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

analogsystem wrote: I just found out that the Musicmaster is the only Vista to be made in China not Japan.....I hope this doesn't mean it is a piece of crap. I'll find out later today I suppose.
I believe that Chinese guitars are much better these days, there is a 70's strat and a Fender Lead II in my local shop and they both have huge neck pockets and the quality on both looks generally poor. I bet today's Chinese Squiers are better than the American-built Fenders of yesteryear.
Are you a Wizard?
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

Yea, its chinese and thus a lesser Vista series, but its still leagues better than the average squier. Pretty decent kluson copies, Gibby scale, coil tap and unique take on whats SUPPOSED to be a Musicmaster. I still think they should have changed the name because its pretty much a guitar version of the vintage MM BASS. Roach loves hers (both bass and guitar versions)
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

Sublimedo wrote:Yea, its chinese and thus a lesser Vista series, but its still leagues better than the average squier. Pretty decent kluson copies, Gibby scale, coil tap and unique take on whats SUPPOSED to be a Musicmaster. I still think they should have changed the name because its pretty much a guitar version of the vintage MM BASS. Roach loves hers (both bass and guitar versions)
Gibson Scale? That's cool if its 24.75" instead of 24"!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

take the pickguard off when you get it and see if it has yellowed as much as mine....

dots wrote:incesticide
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

robroe wrote:take the pickguard off when you get it and see if it has yellowed as much as mine....

Rob that bridge is fucking hot.
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

Got it!!!!

analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

it's actually fairly aged, though my camera makes everything pale. The headstock is more aged than the body....I'd go as far as to say the headstock is cream not white.

It plays like shit and the nut is kind of messed up.....probably hasn't been set up in a long time. Somebody played it left handed for a while and as such, there is a hole in the bottom horn from moving the strap button. Some chips etc. here and there but otherwise it looks good. I can't wait to string it up with 12s and set it up.

I will see how I like the vista humbucker for a bit.....but I do have a GFS dream 180 that's looking for a home.....and a Wide Range RI.....maybe I will do a pinch of routing. Anyways not right away.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

analogsystem wrote:it's actually fairly aged, though my camera makes everything pale. The headstock is more aged than the body....I'd go as far as to say the headstock is cream not white.

It plays like shit and the nut is kind of messed up.....probably hasn't been set up in a long time. Somebody played it left handed for a while and as such, there is a hole in the bottom horn from moving the strap button. Some chips etc. here and there but otherwise it looks good. I can't wait to string it up with 12s and set it up.

I will see how I like the vista humbucker for a bit.....but I do have a GFS dream 180 that's looking for a home.....and a Wide Range RI.....maybe I will do a pinch of routing. Anyways not right away.
It looks brand spankin' new... congrats.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

hey man, that looks really nice. a little beat up is good too. gives it teh m0j0z.
Sublimedo wrote:its pretty much a guitar version of the vintage MM BASS.
yea, it's so weird. I think they must have thought a normal musicmaster would have been too similar to the duo sonic.