What case for a JagMaster?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Pacafeliz

What case for a JagMaster?

Post by Pacafeliz »

hey there people... a friend of mine has just bought a jagmaster but it (obviously) won't fit into his strat case.

what hard cases -other than the über-expensive jaguar/jazzmaster ones- do you store your jagmas in? any good links? he's in the US, btw.
thanks, rock on!

Pat.
my name is Pat.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I love the fact that you sign all your posts- Pat. Cool.

Rummage around second hand guitar stores, anything that has housed a Fender bass, Explorer, V, etc.. will be big enough. With the guitar placed on an angle most rectangular cases are sufficient.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

.. i've been having this issue myself as i picked up a jagmaster at the end of December. and there is no way it will fit in any of my cases. plus none of the shops around here have anything that will fit it, for a price that i'm willing to p[ay, having said that though, should i find anything online i'll toss up a link.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

The short scale jagmasters and all jaguars fit into the cheap-ass hard cases from musicians friend. Well, not that cheap, I htink theyre usually like $50, but they work. HUrb's 69 jag lived in a cheap ass "universal" case from MF.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

i gotta find one for mine. soft cases are for pussies.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

aen wrote:The short scale jagmasters and all jaguars fit into the cheap-ass hard cases from musicians friend. Well, not that cheap, I htink theyre usually like $50, but they work. HUrb's 69 jag lived in a cheap ass "universal" case from MF.
Yeah, those universal cases work just fine. My jagmaster just fits in the case my Univox came with.
r40f

Post by r40f »

hey i am having trouble finding the cases you guys have mentioned - could someone please post a link to a case that will fit a jagmaster?

the body is almost 14" wide and i don't see any cases that are big enough, even the bass guitar cases
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

r40f wrote:hey i am having trouble finding the cases you guys have mentioned - could someone please post a link to a case that will fit a jagmaster?

the body is almost 14" wide and i don't see any cases that are big enough, even the bass guitar cases
You haven't been looking too hard then. Look harder.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

I managed to fit mine in a rectangular case designed for an ESP.
The fit is rather snug and some of the foam had to be crushed a little to accept the ass of the guitar but it does work.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
terronado

Post by terronado »

fuck a case.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

haha.
Ty

Post by Ty »

terronado wrote:fuck a case.
I'm totally using this as my sig now!