Bronco setup

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

jamieb

Bronco setup

Post by jamieb »

Hi folks, hope you are all well.

I'm going to be performing a setup on my Bronco as, having finally acquired a new bridge saddle to replace a broken one, I thought it would be a good opportunity to take the bridge assembly apart and clean it all up.

However, I've not done this on a Bronco before and I remember a diagram floating around (pre-shortscale meltdown a couple of months back) which gave some instructions on approximate trem height etc (im hoping someone either posted it or remembered)

Thanks in advance as always...
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i have the strings kinda high on mine. its just personal prefereance really. i was never that guy that wanted the strings to be as low to the frets as possible. just do whatever sounds good and plays well for you
dots wrote:incesticide
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

the threading is so fine on those screws that you really just have to mess with it for a while until you get it where you like.
just make sure that the bridge is resting in the little notches on the top of the screws when you restring it. this is important and i think is the main point of the diagram you are referring to.
jamieb

Post by jamieb »

Thanks a lot guys, I'll have a play with it.

(and no doubt will be back later when I fuck it up)
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Credit Aug for the original. It really helped me because I didn't quite get the floating aspect right away. You have to raise the bridge up to the slots in the bridge poles and the string tension will keep it there.

Yell Like Hell
jamieb

Post by jamieb »

DGNR8 wrote:Credit Aug for the original. It really helped me because I didn't quite get the floating aspect right away. You have to raise the bridge up to the slots in the bridge poles and the string tension will keep it there.

Aha, that was the diagram I was talking about; thanks very much dude.