I just picked up my 72 Music Master

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Used to have a 1978 MM, was routed for one pu only.
astro

Post by astro »

I noticed that the body is a slab, it doesn't have the arm contour, nor the back belly contour. I know that mustang bodies started getting contours in '69, I would assume that the Music Masters would have gotten them as well by then. I'm guessing that this body was made before '69.
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

...iirc even very late mms didn't have contouring?
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Jagermeister wrote:...iirc even very late mms didn't have contouring?
yea, I don't think they had contouring.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

this is a 72
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

musicmasters, duo-sonics, and broncos never had contours.
astro

Post by astro »

oops!
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

mage wrote:this is a 72
My 72 looks just like this and has two slots. My 77 had one. I would look into some old robroes for yours, but otherwise wouldn't touch it. It's spectacular. But even 70s covers are going to run between $50-100 each (last time I was looking). New ones are just too big.
Yell Like Hell
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks for the kind words. I really love this guitar. I'm already looking for vintage robroes for it. I just cant decide if I want white ones or black ones. I'm also not too sure about the pickguard. I might want a tort one. Otherwise I'm happy with it. The finish looks awesome, even though it's partially sanded down. At least it's the original paint.

Do youse guys think white robroes, switches, and witch hats, or just like it is but with black robroes?
skip wrote:satan rules
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

...black IMO, the knobs/guard/switches would all look weird if you did white. (but if you changed all those to white then 8))

For some reason every white Fender in the world has a tort guard... I really don't see why, I think that looks awful. Pearloid with black covers though :D Do like the (condition of) the paint. BTW, how opposed are people to sanding the guard slightly to get the new covers to fit...
Richard

Post by Richard »

If I get white the switches and knobs would definitely get changed too. I have white witch hats that I already aged. My Jag-Stang has white switches but black pickups, so I could swap the switches and it would work out well for both guitars.

As far as sanding the pickguards to get the covers to fit, I'm not opposed to it(actually I considered it), but I would totally feel like a douche if I fucked up and ruined an original Mustang pg.
skip wrote:satan rules