Jaguar + Termites = this

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

astro

Jaguar + Termites = this

Post by astro »

Some guy on the EvilBay is parting out what's left of his Jaguar, which apparently was eaten by termites. The auctions (here and here)
have some pretty amazing pictures of a neck that was completely hollowed out:

paul_

Post by paul_ »

Suprisingly high-class tastes those termites had, I thought they just ate old houses and shit.
That's nuts though.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Check it out, it's a B width neck. All is not lost!
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Mike wrote:Check it out, it's a B width neck. All is not lost!
Hush, you. A width is way too narrow.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That's my point. Everyone knows A-width necks are USELESS, we could still salvage this one, it's B-width.

It's WORTH it.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

mikes right, in a way,
that neck still has enough shape to make a decent tracing from it.
if anything it would be worh having that around you konw?
downer

Post by downer »

paul_ wrote:Suprisingly high-class tastes those termites had, I thought they just ate old houses and shit.
That's nuts though.
wow, how many termites does it take to eat a fender jaguar out of this world?
imagine, if it was just one termite (maybe with his chick), he could live of it for i dont know, 5 years?
or was it one big party of hundreds of termites eating this vintage wood over one single night? woohoo, that should have been filmed.
I don't know, I don't care, all I know is you can take me there
paul_

Post by paul_ »

downer wrote: imagine, if it was just one termite (maybe with his chick), he could live of it for i dont know, 5 years?
If he was "with his chick" he probably got pressured into one of those headless Steinberger things like the couple down the road got within 2 years tops. There's hardly any wood on those things, but Termite women is tricky-dicky.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Thats insane! Those sneaky fucking bastards!
I cant help but to visualize when the owner opened the case, and just found the skeleton of his '62 Jaguar!!

The seller has a lot of vintage bodies and parts listed as well, including a '62 Jazzy fretboard with clay dots.
astro

Post by astro »

Maybe he could salvage the neck by filling it with epoxy or something.

Really weird that the termites left an outer shell. Maybe termites don't like the taste of nitrocellulose.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

[quote="astro"]Maybe he could salvage the neck by filling it with epoxy or something.

Do you really think it would be worth it?? I would be worrying that the damn thing would fall apart at any second. :)
Besides, it wouldn't be worth anything at that point. I don't even know who would buy it now, except to make a copy neck.

For some reason this neck reminds me of the broken off, Jimi Hendrix neck that the Denver Hard Rock Cafe has. Its a '66 with the strings still on it. Really a nice piece.
astro

Post by astro »

65fenvox wrote:
astro wrote:Maybe he could salvage the neck by filling it with epoxy or something.
Do you really think it would be worth it?? I would be worrying that the damn thing would fall apart at any second. :)
I wasn't being serious :)

Might be cool to keep as a conversation piece, the epoxy would help hold it together, and if you use clear stuff, you could see inside the neck. But totally useless as a musical instrument.

I wonder how long it took for the termites to eat an entire Jag (and the case too, according to the auction). Of course, all of this would never have happened if, instead of leaving it unattended in his basement for so long, he had still been playing the damn thing!
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

astro wrote:
65fenvox wrote:
astro wrote:Maybe he could salvage the neck by filling it with epoxy or something.
I wasn't being serious :)

Might be cool to keep as a conversation piece, the epoxy would help hold it together, and if you use clear stuff, you could see inside the neck. But totally useless as a musical instrument.

I wonder how long it took for the termites to eat an entire Jag (and the case too, according to the auction). Of course, all of this would never have happened if, instead of leaving it unattended in his basement for so long, he had still been playing the damn thing!
I guess the jokes on me then. There I was thinking, "I'm hip, I'm down"!
I did a quick skip through this page on termites, and missed how quickly they consume something. But I did see that people can eat termites! They taste "nutty"! I think I'll have some with my cereal, and then I'll lick them off my girlfriends bare ass!
Fuck whipped cream!
here-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termite
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mojo? It'd be awesome as an air-guitar. Like, 50% air/ 50% guitar...
astro

Post by astro »

65fenvox wrote:But I did see that people can eat termites! They taste "nutty"!
How do we know its not that nuts taste like termites? :P
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

What a shame. Dale's Dead-Bug Pest Control could have prevented this travesty.
"The suspence is terrible, I hope it lasts!"
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

This was for a JAZZMASTER btw.
"The suspence is terrible, I hope it lasts!"
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Mike wrote:That's my point. Everyone knows A-width necks are USELESS, we could still salvage this one, it's B-width.

It's WORTH it.
I was about to say the same thing! :o
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Paging Mister Les Paul, a Mister Les Paul your attention is needed on eBay.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Those were no termites.

Billy Gibbon's been at it,