this is why you should never buy a guitar from wal mart

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

this is why you should never buy a guitar from wal mart

Post by robert(original) »

this came into them music shop sometime last week and i got a call when i was in the hospital saying that it needed a good setup and something was wrong wit the bridge.
its a lyon(by washburn) strat copy.
im not sure what the wood is but it is CHEAP!
the neck is WAY heavier than the body, but anyway.
i took the bridge off to stick the rods in the holes(they were borred out)
and when i removed the bridge i found this.
apparentyl the pull from the strings on the bridge was so intense that it broke the piece of wood holding it there.
it was a somewhat clean break so i re-glued it last night.
and this morning i put the trem back on and strung it back up.
now here is the kicker.
once i got the strings to pitch and started ajusting the teisco style truss rod(who the fuck uses those things anymore, i mean srsly)
the peice of wood broke AGAIN, but not where i glued it, in a totally different area.
i glued it back in place and called the customer letting them know what i had found and told them i could re-inforce it with some stronger wood and i would be locking the trem down(for obviouse reasons) but i also told them that my bill was probly the same amount as what they paid for the guitar so they should probly just buy something of a lil bit better quility and sell this one(parted out) on ebay.