Newest Leather pickgaurd project

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

The thing I like about this leather guard (although way too big) is that it looks like leather, and is aged. I think it can be done properly, and may even look good, but it's going to be a tough sell, since most of us prefer a silly piece of plastic. I have a very different design sense, so I would be doing very diff things with it. But it has potential.

Dave, I like that you are unflappable, but you also get pretty defensive. Maybe that's healthy--I wouldn't know. Unfortunately, Noho is having to repair their reputation with some of its customers or onlookers. (Even a Ford or GM behemoth can be brought down by perceived quality control issues. The only company that seem impervious to that is Verizon). Dave got dragged down for his association with and defense of Aug and their rigid policies. Noho is a small shop that operates at cost or below, so I understand their reluctance to give replacements or refunds. But they could stand to be more apologetic/less combative. I think most complaints have invited attack from Noho. To be fair, I think in the beginning Aug was looking for feedback from the board, and I think it is impossible and maddening to please everyone.

If Dave were on his own, people still might not like the guards and poke fun, but not be as vicious. I have had mixed feelings about all of this, but I do appreciate the effort that goes into any production. I say keep at it, and work on your lines. I would say that to any artist or luthier.
Yell Like Hell
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

DGNR8 wrote: The thing I like about this leather guard (although way too big) is that it looks like leather, and is aged. I think it can be done properly, and may even look good, but it's going to be a tough sell, since most of us prefer a silly piece of plastic. I have a very different design sense, so I would be doing very diff things with it. But it has potential.

Dave, I like that you are unflappable, but you also get pretty defensive. Maybe that's healthy--I wouldn't know. Unfortunately, Noho is having to repair their reputation with some of its customers or onlookers. (Even a Ford or GM behemoth can be brought down by perceived quality control issues. The only company that seem impervious to that is Verizon). Dave got dragged down for his association with and defense of Aug and their rigid policies. Noho is a small shop that operates at cost or below, so I understand their reluctance to give replacements or refunds. But they could stand to be more apologetic/less combative. I think most complaints have invited attack from Noho. To be fair, I think in the beginning Aug was looking for feedback from the board, and I think it is impossible and maddening to please everyone.

If Dave were on his own, people still might not like the guards and poke fun, but not be as vicious. I have had mixed feelings about all of this, but I do appreciate the effort that goes into any production. I say keep at it, and work on your lines. I would say that to any artist or luthier.

Thanks man! Personally I think there is saving the reputation of NoHo on the boards. That's ok, I am just going to keep at doing what I do, just like you said. Thanks for the all the kind words and all the suport over the last year! It is much appreciated. :wink: