Hi-flier love

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

wim

Hi-flier love

Post by wim »

Plz post some pics if you have any :)

I don't have one myself...yet
wim

Post by wim »

No hi-flier love ?
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

heres my eastwood, straight from NAMM

wim

Post by wim »

ah very nice :)
Richard

Post by Richard »

<3 that Eastwood Fredo. Seems like a lot of people talk bad about the quality of Eastwoods. How do you feel about the general quality of that guitar? I have the Eastwood Airline reissue and love it.

Pic, if anyone cares:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Richard on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skip wrote:satan rules
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

there is a j-turser high fligher copy,
its crap!
it could be a decent gutiar but the trem cavity needs to be deeper, and the screw for the spring needs to be longer.
the pups were decent.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Old high-res pic of my phase 3 Hi-Flier. That JB was in there for a few days at the most. I had a telecaster bridge pickup taped in with black electrical tape for the longest time, but just recently put a Red Lace Sensor dually in there.

My only gripe is with the bridge. It sucks. I can't just put a jaguar/mustang bridge on there because the the thought of drilling a vintage guitar kills me. Can't really swap saddles either. Help?
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I played a bunch of eastwood hi flier copies at a shop in raleigh, as well as a bunch of other eastwoods like the airline copy and other models. They were all total complete crap for their price tag. If they had cost the same amount as a squier I would pay it, but for $700... fuck that. They're pieces of garbage for how much they cost. The shop that I played them at, managed to sell all but two of their eastwoods and they said they're never ordering anymore because they took way too long to sell and because too many customers told them that the guitars were terrible after trying them out.
Richard

Post by Richard »

The only complaint I have about mine is that the tuners could be better. Otherwise, I love it.
wim

Post by wim »

Sparky wrote:Old high-res pic of my phase 3 Hi-Flier. That JB was in there for a few days at the most. I had a telecaster bridge pickup taped in with black electrical tape for the longest time, but just recently put a Red Lace Sensor dually in there.

My only gripe is with the bridge. It sucks. I can't just put a jaguar/mustang bridge on there because the the thought of drilling a vintage guitar kills me. Can't really swap saddles either. Help?
Sweet ! sell it to me, problem solved :lol:
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Richard wrote:The only complaint I have about mine is that the tuners could be better. Otherwise, I love it.
The original owner swapped the stock ones for Grovers. The guitar would still be in tune after the apocalypse.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I was actually talking about Eastwoods, but I have a Univox Les Paul copy and my previous statement also applies to that. It probably has the same tuners your Hi-Flier came with(except gold). I was considering Grovers myself. Nice guitar, by the way.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

show a pic of the bridge, surely there must be something that can be done to help out your situation.
sleeperls

Post by sleeperls »

I had a white one for a few years no pic but it had the nailed on univox logo. I liked the guitar gave 50 bucks for it and didnt do a thing to it. Made some nice sounding recordings with it belive it or not ended up giving it to a friend. I hated how much the strings would pop out of place on the bridge. but they play awsome sound decent and where cheap at the time. Not anymore.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

Richard wrote:The only complaint I have about mine is that the tuners could be better. Otherwise, I love it.
oddly enough thats not an issue at all on mine. they're gibson-style klusons with dark mint pegs. I really love mine all around. Its a solid guitar, extremely comfortable neck and covers ground most of fender's cant touch.
-set neck
-loud as hell p90s
-Burns trem
-roller bridge
-BINDING!

and i only got mine for 300 bucks, it very much feels like its worth more than that. Honestly, no complaints.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

I have 2 hi-fliers. A phase 2 and phase 4.
Pictures here-Half way down the page.

http://www.jag-stang.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=280
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Sparky wrote:Old high-res pic of my phase 3 Hi-Flier. That JB was in there for a few days at the most. I had a telecaster bridge pickup taped in with black electrical tape for the longest time, but just recently put a Red Lace Sensor dually in there.

I have a Gotoh Tune-O-Matic on my phase 2.
Works well, and the tremolo doesn't knock it out of tune. Gotoh's are cheap, try Stew Mac.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Sublimedo wrote:heres my eastwood, straight from NAMM

Nice guitar! played it today! Me Likey! :D
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

65fenvox wrote:I have 2 hi-fliers. A phase 2 and phase 4.

ahahahahaha

What the hell, they let EK post on jagstang now? I thought he was banned 4 life.
wim

Post by wim »

65fenvox wrote:I have 2 hi-fliers. A phase 2 and phase 4.

very nice phase 2 ! never really liked natural finish but I still like your phase 4 :)