Finished Bronco Jr w/black headstock w/pics

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I think either one would look cool, but as I wanted to emulate a les paul Jr this one fit more. Either way it turned into a cool project.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Here's a NoHo lil project that is very simular to The Bronco Jr.
The one that cannot be mentioned had to do a lot with the building of this guitar.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

that looks pretty cool.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

mickie08 wrote:that looks pretty cool.
Thanks! Its our first gold guitar.

What is the process that you used to finish the Bronco Jr? I love that Red Mahogany color!
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dodgedartdave wrote:
mickie08 wrote:that looks pretty cool.
Thanks! Its our first gold guitar.

What is the process that you used to finish the Bronco Jr? I love that Red Mahogany color!
I'll have to check the finish colors, but basicly it was a 2 part staining job.

I stained it a red color and then went back over it with a dark mohogany. I did that a couple times using more of the dark to darken it, and then just sprayed a really light gloss coat on it.

The neck is just painted on the headstock and then the whole neck was wiped down with old english about 6 times. I just rubbed it into the wood really good. I like the way it feels that way but still has some color like a gloss does. Also, I can just rub it down every 6 months or so with some steel wool and more old english and ten minute re-fin if needed.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Where is the neck from? (on the gold guitar that is)
Last edited by Mike on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Very very cool, mickie.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Mike wrote:Where is the neck from? (on the gold guitar that is)
It's a warmoth neck. We just tinted and finished it.

Warmoth necks are REALLY good quality and well worth the money. The only issue with warmoth short scale necks is that only come in 10 inch radius. For all you 7 1/2 inch fans, you have to find to find a vintage one. (or a NoHo one)
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

mickie08 wrote:The neck is just painted on the headstock and then the whole neck was wiped down with old english about 6 times. I just rubbed it into the wood really good. I like the way it feels that way but still has some color like a gloss does. Also, I can just rub it down every 6 months or so with some steel wool and more old english and ten minute re-fin if needed.
What black did you paint the headstock with? That satin looks very cool....
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dodgedartdave wrote:
mickie08 wrote:The neck is just painted on the headstock and then the whole neck was wiped down with old english about 6 times. I just rubbed it into the wood really good. I like the way it feels that way but still has some color like a gloss does. Also, I can just rub it down every 6 months or so with some steel wool and more old english and ten minute re-fin if needed.
What black did you paint the headstock with? That satin looks very cool....
It is just a rustoleum paint that is designed for home finishing (furniture, picture frames, etc.) On all of the colors I just kind of grabbed some stuff and went with it. Like on the bronco Jr, the dark stain was the saem mahogany stain I used on the tele Deluxe I put together but mixed with some heavy coats of a red minwax stain you get the bronco Jr color.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

JD wrote:Brilliant job, that looks amazing!
+1
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

thanks for the response. I will put a review tonight as the wiring is sorted out I believe and should be able to use it tonight at practice.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

dodgedartdave wrote:

Warmoth necks are REALLY good quality and well worth the money. The only issue with warmoth short scale necks is that only come in 10 inch radius. For all you 7 1/2 inch fans, you have to find to find a vintage one. (or a NoHo one)
I love the warmoth neck (koa) on my jag-stang, it really is high quality workmanship or computerlathemanship I should say. :lol:

Gold Guitar looks sexy.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

More Cowbell wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote:

I love the warmoth neck (koa) on my jag-stang, it really is high quality workmanship or computerlathemanship I should say. :lol:

Gold Guitar looks sexy.
My bronco neck is warmoth and is really well made. I love the side truss rod adjustment. I wish I could have got a fatter neck but That is what they had. It is just taking me wahile to get used to.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

More Cowbell wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote:

Gold Guitar looks sexy.
Thanks man! :)
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Nice!! Can you do a close up pic of the knobs? they draw my interest.
SickenedEmotions99

Post by SickenedEmotions99 »

That thing rules man. I like!
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

roachello wrote:Nice!! Can you do a close up pic of the knobs? they draw my interest.
Don't listen to her!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nice Mickie! It looks amazing. I <3 it.
skip wrote:satan rules
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

dodgedartdave wrote:

Good stuff. I like the look of it and I have one on the way for my Mustang project.