Finished Bronco Jr w/black headstock w/pics

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

SmutVendetta

Post by SmutVendetta »

Looks nice, I was thinkin of buyin some of those GFS p90s but I haven't heard anythin on 'em, so I didn't.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

brilliant, mickie. that is definitely a winner if it sounds half as good as it looks.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

as far as sound goes, it sounds OK, but it needs the pup raised. Right now, the pup sits almost flush with the wood. I am going to have to put a thin block in the pup route. Not sure if the route is too deep or the GFS pup screws are a little short or what. As it is, I can't raise it any more and it sits almost even with the wood. As is it is a little muddy but I think this may be because it nees to come up a bit. I will try to get it done before the Albbq.

Roachello, they are knobs of of GFS website. Just chrome with the black marble top piece.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

mickie08 wrote: My bronco neck is warmoth and is really well made. I love the side truss rod adjustment. I wish I could have got a fatter neck but That is what they had. It is just taking me wahile to get used to.
The warmoth neck makes for a really good gibson/fender hybrid seeing that the radius is in the middle of the two. If you are use to Fenders, then yes, it does take some playing for it to warm up to ya. If you play acoustics a lot, then it shouldn't be a giant leep.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dodgedartdave wrote:
mickie08 wrote: My bronco neck is warmoth and is really well made. I love the side truss rod adjustment. I wish I could have got a fatter neck but That is what they had. It is just taking me wahile to get used to.
The warmoth neck makes for a really good gibson/fender hybrid seeing that the radius is in the middle of the two. If you are use to Fenders, then yes, it does take some playing for it to warm up to ya. If you play acoustics a lot, then it shouldn't be a giant leep.
I have big hands so the smaller neck is a little tight for me. Not that it matters much because this guitar will mainly be set up with heavy strings and used for striaght a head power chord rock songs within our set. I'm not going to be doing any fingerpicking with it or shit. :lol:
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Looks like it came out fantastic. I have a strat with a black headstock& think it's kind of classy.
"The suspence is terrible, I hope it lasts!"
Jcotten1204

It’s alive and well however many years later.

Post by Jcotten1204 »

Just stopped by to say that I am the owner of this mysterious guitar now and it’s fucking rad!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Awesome! Any changes to it?
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Masterful zombie bump.

Bravo.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

rules
dots wrote:incesticide
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Going to try to buy this back. Have always regretted selling this back to RObOg.
sunshiner

Re: Finished Bronco Jr w/black headstock w/pics

Post by sunshiner »

mickie08 wrote:Here it is. Finally got the grounding sorted out (bad input jack) and painted the headstock. I did not gloss the neck, but used an oil finish on it. It is really smooth and clean feeling.

FUUUUUUUUUU

This is awesome. I did a similar project only with a 24.75 scale neck which I built from scratch. I had the body which only needed to be routed for the neck pocket and pickup cavities etc.. It had slowly been going for several years and it was a PITA building it in a flat with neighbours around and the noise I was producing. At one point I got fed up, took the whole thing and made a nice bonfire out of it
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

somewhat renews my interest in a bronco.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

that was a 1 piece hog body... GFS pickup and hardware (if memory serves me correct). Warmoth neck.

DOTS. take a swing at it if you want. I'd just love to see it back in the "family"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

is robOG alive?

do has contact?
dots wrote:incesticide
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

robroe wrote:is robOG alive?

do has contact?
he is on FB