got another shortscale. actually my soon to be wife did.

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

sleeperls

got another shortscale. actually my soon to be wife did.

Post by sleeperls »

I went to get a new amp and she picked up a bunch of guitars and chose the jagmaster and they gave us a kickass deal with the amp and the guitar. The guitar came out to 200 even before taxes. They even gave her 3 sets of strings and a stand for it for free. Kick ass music store so far. I just ordered a re issue 65 stang from them today as well.

here are some pics

nyweb

Guitar

Post by nyweb »

$200 ???? Where are you ?
sleeperls

Post by sleeperls »

i also spent another 1000 while in there and ordered another 699 for the stang. So they better give me somethin. I'll always rather buy from a mom and pop store. Unless they are just outragous. Most of the ones ive ever been to are great. Sure you pay tax but you get the items cheaper that is if you bargain and get some free shit to boot. and still come out about the same if you had to pay shipping.

btw iowa middle of nowhere. Ive been up here two years and im ready to move back to dallas.

Hell when i was checking prices before i made the two hour drive i had one store that wouldnt even give me a price on what i wanted unless i came into the store. Well they just lost out on prob 2g of sales becuase of it. Its the ones like that i hate.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

YES!

That's a megasweet deal.
Those jagmaster's are really good, our drummer bought one about a month ago just like that and I play around on it all the time.

I hear what your saying about the mom&pop stores. You gotta support them or all these shitcenters are gonna take over and give us bad service and kids that don't know shit about what they're selling.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Nice.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nice score, Jagmasters are great.

And Congratulations on the Engagement.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

sleeperls wrote:i also spent another 1000 while in there and ordered another 699 for the stang. So they better give me somethin. I'll always rather buy from a mom and pop store. Unless they are just outragous. Most of the ones ive ever been to are great. Sure you pay tax but you get the items cheaper that is if you bargain and get some free shit to boot. and still come out about the same if you had to pay shipping.

btw iowa middle of nowhere. Ive been up here two years and im ready to move back to dallas.

Hell when i was checking prices before i made the two hour drive i had one store that wouldnt even give me a price on what i wanted unless i came into the store. Well they just lost out on prob 2g of sales becuase of it. Its the ones like that i hate.
Yea, Dallas is dope. Only places besides Guitar Center I can find around here, though, are pawn shops. And they either rip you off, or have some of the worst equipment I've seen. Used to be a place called B&C music in Plano, but I'm fairly sure the guy that owned it retired... His name was Jerry Cline I think, cool guy, gave my bro a cello back in the day... I've heard there's like a pawn shop in Dallas specifically geared towards music and what not, who knows, tho... You know of any good places? As far as analog goes, mom & pop all the way!
dawnofzion

Post by dawnofzion »

check out zoo music in dallas, they are the only orange dealer in the DFW area. i didn't know there were any other people on here from the DFW area.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Bargain Jagmasters FTFW!! 8)
sleeperls

Post by sleeperls »

the place i used togo in texas actually closed. It was in a town called greenville 45 min north east of dallas on i30.

Other than that i would just goto guitar center for cheap crap like cables and such if i was be bopin around town
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

little businesses usually are nicer.. often.. they have this am, 'personal' touch.. or how to say.. and nice guitar, and yes.. I hope You'll have a nice wedding and all, congrats !
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Yea, I bet Greenville had some shit. I used to know of a flea-market in Plano that had so much great vintage shit... Then they closed, also...
sleeperls

Post by sleeperls »

The place in greenville rocked when it wasnt in the mall. They got fucked when they went into that place. ran em out of business. It was sad too their old building just wasnt big anuf.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Oh yea, man. You can't be a small business in the mall. Hell, even some of the big stores in malls go out of business.
sleeperls

Post by sleeperls »

They actually had it going on for a while the store they had in the mall was actually like 3 stores. So it was good size. They had a nice new studio. Then when the contract was up they raised their rent for the joint like 2 times what it was and they just couldnt keep up or find another place to put the store in. The owners now work for the man :(
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Who got all their stuff? I bet it was one hell of a going out of bidness sale...