Sixty-Nine!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Sixty-Nine!

Post by ultratwin »

Yeah, so my pop producer friend(and organizer of our mini tour) just happened to pop into the Shibuya Ishibashi a few minutes after Mitch and I got there, and was able to pull a few strings and get Ishibashi to sell me the ST68-92TX without tax, basically a 5% discount. The thing sounded a bit "hotter" than my CIJ '62 Strat(albeit with same hi-output p'ups and alder body), but Mr. Park has been wanting to get me a set of his pre-CBS-spec pickups in whatever Strat I end up with, so I've happily got good news comin' my way nonetheless.

Dropped in the mint guard(one screw not matching) and cream knobs/p'up covers from the '62 (soon to be sold) just tonight, and it's almost ready to go. The neck is considerably thinner than I had expected, but it feels really good and I'm digging the large headstock + sweet slotted "F tuners". Fun knowing I can slip on the gold anodized guard for vintage kicks as well. Happy Strat times are here again, it's nicely weighted and feels/sound quite shnazzy and keen.

JUICY & SUCCULENT JAPANESE BABAGE HAREM

Ultra pulls a Beatles' All My Lovin' Strat action pose for teh cameraz.
ImageImage

Oh yeah, and 5 days in Japan was fantastic. I'll post a massive collection when I get all the pics moved over...

Tadaima!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hahaha!

Loving the Beatlespose pictures and the food looks gewd in teh restaurant pic. Do want!

Really chuffed for you mate, had a feeling you would love the tuners and 'stock, they're some of my favourite features on a 70's era Stratocaster. Looks lovely and fits in well with the family. You'll have to record us some samples pre and post pickup changing,
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Most definitely on all counts, I find the Texas Specials decent and punchy for alt-rock in general, but I really do prefer a glassy lower-output neck on a Strat. We'll see what I can come up with...She's a peach that even got the approval of the Cinder Girl. :P

My cheapo phone cam has a heap of CIJ pics I snapped at the shop as well, but it was a shame we didn't have time to drop by the Ikebe and Kei/Musicland shops down the street before jumping on the bus for Narita Airport. And yeah, Shibuya for that matter was an absolute madhouse and surprisingly difficult to navigate with sideburned hipsters and hotpants'd hotties clogging even the crosswalks, so much that Seoul's busiest hot spots couldn't hold a candle to the carnival. Oh, and great beer is everywhere (viva Yebisu draft!), but I'm getting ahead of myself here. :wink:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hahaha.. Looking forward to hearing about how the shows went. And MIJ goodness?

Sweet
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

That Strat looks so amazing. Like Mike, I love the neck. BEE-YOO-TIFUL finish. as well. Definitely record some pup samples. I'm thinking of upgrading once im done with projects. Japan sounds like incredible fun!
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

tru beauty in all its glory!
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Beautiful! xD
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Narita airport, thats nice, I was there too once, aah, great Japan, great Tokyo..
am.. Nice guitar, really love it.. waiting for the wall pics and all..
Really nice..
(nice tour guide by the way.. )
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Pink ewwwwwwwwww :P
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Justin wrote:Pink ewwwwwwwwww :P
Oooo, don't get me started :P

The otherwise unused florescent overhead lamp in our main room strangely does give a pinkish tone to the VWH finish, like a peachy ice pink of sorts. Daisy Rock better get on that one before I have the cats over at www.willowsguitar.com invent and patent the color for me.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

that's the color your pizzas turn when ketchup is applied though, right?
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

St. Jimmy wrote:
that's the color your pizzas turn when ketchup is applied though, right?
No. It's more of what I like to call HULK HOGAN EXPLOSION.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

lucky fuck got to go to japan :o
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ishibashi does it again.

Great buy. The big headstock suits it well.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

very sweet. like candy.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Amazing! So jealous - I have always wanted a Strat just like that...
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Ultra, for serious, that is a seriously beautiful Strat. You made the right choice!!!!
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

mezzio13 wrote:Ultra, for serious, that is a seriously beautiful Strat. You made the right choice!!!!
I agree with you on another count, good times around these parts!

SWEETER AS THE DAYS GO BY

The aftermarket MIK anodized guard I had on my '62 fit just fine, and really looks sweet as well, especially with the aged knobs and pickup covers. Although a tad more "copper" than a real Fender guard, I'm not complaining.

I rocked out with the crew before about 1500 rather comatose peeps at church yesterday into one of my least favorite tube'd Marshall, a very trebly Mode4(loves humbuckers but personally doesn't seem to like me), but let the new Blackstone OD do the fatly ompressed 80s JCM 800 action(red channel), and let the lighter OD channel(brown channel) feed into my EGDM for more nasal boobscreamer soloing. Good times rocking the house o' love, the thin neck felt right at home by the third tune.

Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

i rarely say guitars are gorgeous, but THAT IS GAW-JUSS! the only other time was when i saw a LPB Coronado
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

that looks wonderful with the new guard!