New jagmaster? w/new pix

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I don't use tremolo enough to make it wirth messing with, and for that I got the tele w/bigsby. I would rather keep the jagmaster trem blocked and not worry about it. It is not like I cant remove the block later.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I seriously don't understand why they didn't make the Jagmaster as a hardtail anyway.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

GFS split coils on the way, may be here tommorrow, or Fri at latest....

WEEKEND PROJECT :lol:
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

drasp wrote:You owe it to yourself to try the set-up procedure & specs for the Strat bridge listed on Fender's site. To sum it up, you loosen the middle screws and the trem pivots on the outside 2x screws more like the modern version. If done properly, tuning stability is EXCELLENT even when shaking the whole guitar around by the trem arm. I think proper set-up is just as important to a Strat bridge as to a Jag bridge - and maybe less often talked about.
+1.

the strat bridge gets a lot of crap, and is rather common but shit its a TREM!!! it can sound as cool as your playing can make it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Jagmasters are way underrated, Gareth's first Electric was a Jagmaster. It always sounded alright to me:

Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

I still can't belive how cool Squier is to actually MAKE a jagmaster. A cheap cool looking offset.
Whenever people ask me what guitar to start off with when learning guitar. I suggest that thing or duo-sonics
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I love Duo-Sonics. Stupid Hurb sold his at the wrong time. And the wrong price.

I'm depressed at how young we look in those pictures. We're fucking haggard now. I had a pedalboard then too.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

ohno.

how much did it go for?? I didnt keep track of that baby.

you're depressed? I don't even get to play my rap-metal anymore
[youtube][/youtube]

ah, good ol high school
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Ha! I destroyed that Ibanez

Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

hahaha and for the record, the songs called "Quiet Riot", not the band.
WE were named SUBSIDY. as in goverment subsidy. ha! pure-edge
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

roachello wrote:Ha! I destroyed that Ibanez

I can the saving an Ibanez. I was thinking about the Omar Jet King last night in the bath. I wonder if there are any reviews.
euan
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

roachello wrote:Ha! I destroyed that Ibanez

do you still have that?
it looks fucking awesome. seriously.

if you ever think about selling/giving it away, i'm your man.
freekandy

Post by freekandy »

Mike wrote:I love Duo-Sonics. Stupid Hurb sold his at the wrong time. And the wrong price.

I'm depressed at how young we look in those pictures. We're fucking haggard now. I had a pedalboard then too.
drummer doesnt look all so young
jaguars :)
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

What because he has early onset male pattern baldness?

You're a compassionate fucker aren't you? John is only a year older than me, he's 27 now, 28 this year.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

I had a friend who father went bald when he was 18! Kids are cruel, but cockney brats are even worse imo. I dont want to know what hell school was for him.

Mickie08-In case I missed it (its late here and im beat) when you put new, heavier strings on that Jagmaster, did you adjust the truss rod to handle the, what were they 12's?
Man, I love getting a new guitar just so I can set it up and tweek and adjust everything.'s
You got one of the "Vista series" Jmaster's, imo those are the best ones. Made with the same wood, parts and paint that the CIJ Jags/Jazzy's were made from around that time. Everyone I have ever talked to who changed the pickups in a Vista Jmaster said it sounded awesome! It looks like it would.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

65fenvox wrote:I had a friend who father went bald when he was 18! Kids are cruel, but cockney brats are even worse imo. I dont want to know what hell school was for him.

Mickie08-In case I missed it (its late here and im beat) when you put new, heavier strings on that Jagmaster, did you adjust the truss rod to handle the, what were they 12's?
Man, I love getting a new guitar just so I can set it up and tweek and adjust everything.'s
You got one of the "Vista series" Jmaster's, imo those are the best ones. Made with the same wood, parts and paint that the CIJ Jags/Jazzy's were made from around that time. Everyone I have ever talked to who changed the pickups in a Vista Jmaster said it sounded awesome! It looks like it would.
I put the 12's on it and the action is pretty good as is. I have to tweek the intonation still a bit (it is pretty close), but I figured I would hold off until after the pup change... I basicly blocked the trem and put 12's on it and it plays nice. Better than the warmoth neck. It is still a little weird for me for the short scales, but oddly enough, my bronco Jr is 24.5 and the jag is 24 yet the jag feels more natural to me. That might be the neck finish as well though...
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

im balding already.

once it gets bad im going to shave it all off and grow a mustache. no one will ever recognize me. itll be cool
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I had a bit of receding madness a few years ago but its kinda stable at the moment.
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I just don't think it's anything to laugh at or be concerned by. As long as you shave your head like John you look fine.

The guy is happily married to an awesome girl and he drums for the best band in Bracknell. He's living the dream, hirsute or otherwise.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

HAY ASSCOCKS.

THIS IS A GUITAR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD NOT A HAIR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.