CYMBALS (make quiet)

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

CYMBALS (make quiet)

Post by robroe »

im in the market for cymbal mutes.

they range in price from 15.99 to 49.99 for a 3pack.

wtf is the difference? just the name brand?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=445364

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=445392

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=448317
dots wrote:incesticide
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

They'll all do the same thing, go for the cheapest.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
luke

Post by luke »

The cheaper ones are just foam to get the cymbal to shut the fuck up, the more expensive ones are designed to keep you sounding cool at low volumes, and you also get the brand names, so that's a few extra bucks. If you just want to make a bit less noise, go for the cheapest ones you can get.
Last edited by luke on Thu May 24, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i want to be able to smash the shit out of it and hear nothing
Chico Malo
Sushi Monster

Post by Chico Malo »

just put sum plugs in da ears ng.
If you need a shitty friend, I'm here for you.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

i agree with what Malik said, providing he meant "keep you sounding cool at low volumes" instead of high volumes. the more expensive specialty ones lower the volume while keeping it sounding cymbally, and the cheaper ones stifle the crap out of it.

bear in mind that just the physical act of drumming produces a lot of noise that someone in the next room/downstairs won't dig. my housemate in college had a kit made of practice pads with plastic cymbals and it was a nightmare on weekend mornings. so as far as beating the fuck out of a real cymbal and expecting anything less than a big loud metallic CRACK, that's probably impossible.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

im just gonna go to salvation army and get some flannel shirts and rivit them right to the cymbal.
inscho

Post by inscho »

i got a cheap pack of the foam ones for my new kit.....works well enough for me.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

be resourceful, robroez! most carpet outlets would simply *give* you enough carpet padding to lay on top of your cymbals, and it's FREE!

Also, dave and I found a cache of automotive carpet padding in our new garage...I suppose we could cut off enough for you to do 3-4 cymbals. It's much better/thinner than regular carpet padding.