New Fender Vintera Line Leak thread.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Why offer a modern spec anything at all cuz they all suck ass?

LÄ«L
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I like the flatter 9.5 boards over the 7.25. That's about the only modern anything I like better on guitars and that's really only on Fenders.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Why ever offer a radius that’s easier to play on when you could just keep the 60’S MOJO CURVE? Roober raises a good point
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
NickD

Post by NickD »

jcyphe wrote:These prices are crazy though, nearly $1200 bucks for a Made in Mexico modified Jaguar.
Pretty normal for the UK, we've been getting fucked on guitar prices compared to the US for decades.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

NickD wrote:
jcyphe wrote:These prices are crazy though, nearly $1200 bucks for a Made in Mexico modified Jaguar.
Pretty normal for the UK, we've been getting fucked on guitar prices compared to the US for decades.
It still bothers me a bit that I once didn't buy a Baja Tele for £350 with my first pay cheque of a call centre summer job I had in 2006 or so, and now the prices (even second hand) are multiples of that figure.

I know inflation is a thing, but still.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Bacchus wrote:
NickD wrote:
It still bothers me a bit that I once didn't buy a Baja Tele for £350 with my first pay cheque of a call centre summer job I had in 2006 or so, and now the prices (even second hand) are multiples of that figure.

Guitar stuff has risen way out of line with inflation, though, with Fender being a bit mercenary on top of that. Most of the price rises that have led to that Baja Tele price going up have been majorly down to political and business decisions. The VAT rise after the financial crash was a big one, which then led to companies raising their prices anyway, either soon after, or over time. Brexit is another one, and will push it even higher if it actually happens.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
NickD

Post by NickD »

ekwatts wrote:
Bacchus wrote:
NickD wrote: Pretty normal for the UK, we've been getting fucked on guitar prices compared to the US for decades.

Guitar stuff has risen way out of line with inflation, though, with Fender being a bit mercenary on top of that. Most of the price rises that have led to that Baja Tele price going up have been majorly down to political and business decisions. The VAT rise after the financial crash was a big one, which then led to companies raising their prices anyway, either soon after, or over time. Brexit is another one, and will push it even higher if it actually happens.
If a Baja Tele was £350 in 2006, and prices kept in line with inflation, then it should be around £500.
George

Post by George »

The pound used to be really strong back then. In late 2007 before the real nature of the crash was known, and it was believed to be an American-only issue, the pound was worth 2 dollarydoos.
NickD

Post by NickD »

George wrote:The pound used to be really strong back then. In late 2007 before the real nature of the crash was known, and it was believed to be an American-only issue, the pound was worth 2 dollarydoos.
This is true, but even with the currencies at the FX rates they are now, guitars shouldn't be as expensive as they are.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

here's a full 15 minutes with the Vintera 60's MOD tele (AKA baja tele)

its got custom shop pickups, S1 switch, 4 way slidey

[youtube][/youtube]
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

aparently Sonic Blue is Heavier than Fiesta Red ?
Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Fiesta Red
Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 42 x 16 x 5 in
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0149723340
Sonic Blue
Shipping Weight: 14 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 42 x 15 x 3 in
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0149723372
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

NickD wrote:
To clarify, the HH Jag is $1149 US. And colors aside, it really doesn't look much different than the old Classic Player models, which were much cheaper IIRC.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... surf-green

One thing I do really like about these though is the neck tint.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Yeah, my AVRI '57 Strat cost less than these when I got it new at GC in 2002. The MIMs had been headed that way though, and the later series of AVs (different "years" like a '56 and '59 etc) they did a few years back were outrageous, like 2500 or something.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:aparently Sonic Blue is Heavier than Fiesta Red ?
Fiesta Red
Sonic Blue
it's the extra mojo
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Doog wrote:
robroe wrote:aparently Sonic Blue is Heavier than Fiesta Red ?
Fiesta Red
Sonic Blue
it's the extra mojo
It’s from the mojo radius. By curving the fretboard you increase the TOANS and such WEIGHTY RIFFS add that extra SOUND POUND.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

THE FUCKIN FRETBOARD IS THE SAME ON THE RED ONE AND THE BLUE ONE

NEEENER NEEENER NEEENER
paul_

Post by paul_ »

kingkiller wrote:Why ever offer a radius that’s easier to play on when you could just keep the 60’S MOJO CURVE? Roober raises a good point
Modern radius doesn't make anything easier except shredtastically low action for the tippity-tapping.

No 7.25" = not a Fender
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
NickD

Post by NickD »

Dillon wrote:
NickD wrote:
To clarify, the HH Jag is $1149 US. And colors aside, it really doesn't look much different than the old Classic Player models, which were much cheaper IIRC.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... surf-green

One thing I do really like about these though is the neck tint.
Yeah, you are the same as UK prices now, but we've been there for a while. We used to pay considerably more, irrespective of FX rates and inflation (and the FX rates fluctuated up and down, sometimes considerably, but the guitar prices always went up) It used to be something like the dollar price in sterling, but I don't think anyone would pay £1150 for a Mexican Jag.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I am part of the 7.25" with vintage frets crowd. I'm just moving chords around and strumming real fast, so the old-school set up works best for me. Unfortunately I prefer the tune-o-matic style bridge for the JM or Jag. A vintage Tele or Mustang sounds very nice though.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I don't know if I really care about radius that much, I just like small frets and on Fenders they usually happen to only be on 7.25 necks.