Female players of short scale guitars/basses

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

dots wrote:*whatever*
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

dots wrote:*talks about beauty coming in all forms*
dots wrote:*steady stream of white people with the obama family thrown in*
daftsupernova wrote:*side eyes the shit outta dots*
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (she/they)
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

This thread is just getting petty now.

You don't know what's in Dots mind or heart, or anybody for that matter, and shouldn't presume to.

Let's keep it positive.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

daftsupernova wrote:*was joking*
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (she/they)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

theshadowofseattle wrote:lmao

This thread be like:
let's look at hot girls with guitars
iunno man that might be offensive
LizardKing wrote:ur all faggots
everyone wrote:whoa
an real girl actually wrote:no yeah that's pretty offensive
dot wrote:*mansplain*

and I haven't even said anything yet.

this is in the guitar forum right?

fuck this shit

even i know that all the talk about gay's and women should only happen in the pub amirite?
dots wrote:incesticide
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

jcyphe wrote:This thread is just getting petty now.

You don't know what's in Dots mind or heart, or anybody for that matter, and shouldn't presume to.

Let's keep it positive.
Thanks, joe.

When I think about all the lyrics, the movies, the characters, and so many works of art that rely so heavily on aesthetic and physical beauty, I can't find that place where the appreciation and expression become intrinsically wrong. Yes, they can be done in harmful ways... titles of threads can be unfortunate like this one was, but I think I saw a book better than its cover in this case.

Anyway, what a joyless life it would be were I to fully believe one can't be enamored with something pretty. Fuck off, Shakespeare, I guess...
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

daftsupernova wrote:
daftsupernova wrote:*was joking*
i feel that, no worries. =]

i did an image search, and i'd never seen that obama family pic before.

they just look so real and so happy. it's from the earlier years of his presidency, and the whole scene is innocent. annie has that way of framing a shot and capturing a subject with slightly polished rawness. . . doesn't matter if it's a drunken bard with his shirt off, a platinum blonde in an exquisite eastern ensemble, or just a young family sitting on the lawn. it's beautiful. she's genius and timeless, and so is her art.

circling back, the original title was sexist, but his choice of shots and words to describe them were tasteful. . . so my initially raised dander settled -- then he further redeemed the thread by changing the title with complete humility. that's class. keep in mind, his images are of performance artists performing their art, and they run the gamut from simple to edgy to glamorous. they reflect an excitement someone had for someone doing something he could relate to. on the other hand, that shot james posted back there was (for the uninitiated) what some cretin shot and posted, supposedly his girlfriend at the time. the photo itself is something that should have been kept private, if ever snapped at all. the "check out this pic of my hot old lady" vibe would be the complete opposite of what i'm talking about. it's disrespectful and disturbing and not at all reflective of this:

this is just fucking bad ass.
NickD

Post by NickD »

mixtape wrote: You'd all start wondering, "Wait... am I playing a girl's guitar?" and start looking for the Daisy Rock sticker on your Mustangs.
I have a Daisy Rock guitar, and its pink.

What this thread has done for me, is highlight some musicians and bands that I didn't know about before, and I am now curious to seek out. I'd say that has to be positive.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Glad I stayed out of this bollocks this time.

Also:

*MANSPLAIN*
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

lol
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

Someone delete this treat, please. I don't know how to do it. It's better for all us.
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. I don't see it being outwith the realms of reality that a thread could have been created with the coolest looking male guitarists. Probably not hottest because most people on this forum are straight guys, but it usually works out that the coolest people are perceived hottest because coolness and sexual attractiveness are intrinsically linked. In fact the guys who are considered cool but are ugly are almost cool in spite of being hideous. Like King Buzzo.

My top five coolest music stars that are male (all of these are when they were at their young/ pretty/ cool peak):

1. David Bowie
2. Robert Plant
3. Kurt Cobain (handsome dude, his looks were def a part of his appeal)
4. Jim Morrison
5. Slash
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

I suppose the moral is that it should have been 'hottest short scale guitarists' with no presumption of sexual preference.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Golden_Sonic wrote:Someone delete this treat, please. I don't know how to do it. It's better for all us.
nah, it's fine. on a good day, this community can be quite respectful of all points of view. your thread shows that. while it is tempting to split off all the discussion into the pub section and just (as gavin suggested) a thread of shortscale guitarist photos of all genders, i think it's important the conversation remain publicly viewable.
George

Post by George »

i don't think it should be deleted, and think golden sonic is feeling too guilty when it's not that big of an issue. chin up bud.

i take gavins point so here's the sexiest man on earth playing a hag futurama which i believe is 24.5" scale - does it count? i think so darling

in fact rename it "hottest" or "sexiest" instead of "females" and we have a bona fide repository
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

What this thread has done for me, is highlight some musicians and bands that I didn't know about before, and I am now curious to seek out. I'd say that has to be positive.

Same here.

"The contemplation of truth and beauty is the proper object for which we were created, which calls forth the most intense desires of the soul, and of which it never tires."
--William Hazlitt
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I find it odd making lists of male or female anythings. I'm not really bothered about considering a person's genitals when I'm making my lists.