Billy Corgan Signature

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

+1
littlericky

Post by littlericky »

When I first saw photos of this I thought the pickguards looked terrible. Saw the guitar at NAMM and it looks 100% in real life. Looks 200% better with he non-split guards of the prototype though
George

Post by George »

reverend are the ultimate "so close yet so far" guitar brand for me
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

George wrote:reverend are the ultimate "so close yet so far" guitar brand for me
Their headstocks are vomit on a plate.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
George

Post by George »

their LP style headstock is admittedly much better

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Reverend's Fender style headstock is so much better than most copying Fender. It also looked better on the original Reverends with the stair step pickguards. G&L has decent enough headstocks too but people are in a Fender headlock because that's what they been conditioned to seeing.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

I actually really like the reverend 6 in line shape. :D I think it looks as good as a fender head really.
Rox

Post by Rox »

This Billy Corgan Sig is much much better ....
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Yep
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Fender are now unloading the DiMarzio Corgan pickguards in MIM Standards they call the "Custom Mod". Apart from being a trem model instead of hardtail, should be pretty close to a Corgan and for a lot less money.

I thought it was funny that Corgan started sticking AV '57 necks on his sig models he actually played. I guess he goes on little flights of fancy when he designs a guitar, getting swagged out for the sake of it before reverting to the same old things he's always liked. He actually played Reverends for years while out of the Pumpkins too but way cooler-looking/spec'd models than this one.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
RegularK

Post by RegularK »

Rox wrote:Image

This Billy Corgan Sig is much much better ....
These ones are so nice! What a downgrade.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Missed this thread. That Reverand reminds me of the first Ibanez Jet King.
Johnny Alien

Post by Johnny Alien »

I don't care for the looks but the demos sound amazing. I really want to pick up a set of those pickups and potentially throw them into a Mustang.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

paul_ wrote:Fender are now unloading the DiMarzio Corgan pickguards in MIM Standards they call the "Custom Mod". Apart from being a trem model instead of hardtail, should be pretty close to a Corgan and for a lot less money.

I thought it was funny that Corgan started sticking AV '57 necks on his sig models he actually played. I guess he goes on little flights of fancy when he designs a guitar, getting swagged out for the sake of it before reverting to the same old things he's always liked. He actually played Reverends for years while out of the Pumpkins too but way cooler-looking/spec'd models than this one.
That's not Fender doing it. It's Sigler. They do this with a number of different guitars, pre-modding it from the point of sale.

I personally think the best Corgan guitar is the boring old Strat he played with the three Laces.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Johnny Alien

Post by Johnny Alien »

Honestly I always thought he used Laces. I never paid attention to these humbucker singles.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

His most-used pumpkins Strats were AV '57s with Lace Red/Silver/Blue. He actually ended up sticking an AV 57 neck on the BC sig model he uses live.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Johnny Alien wrote:Honestly I always thought he used Laces. I never paid attention to these humbucker singles.
DiMarzio makes fantastic ones. They are, in my mind, absolutely the best at having various hum canceling singles of every different flavor.

But nothing sounds like a Lace.
Johnny Alien

Post by Johnny Alien »

The bottom line is that whatever he was playing he always sounded like Billy. Says something about the tools and the player.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

I agree with that in theory, but also, a lot of players who play relatively clean will often stay in the same zip code of guitars. I think most players will make the guitar sound like themselves, but dislike guitars that somehow make that difficult.