Just finished refinishing my Jagmaster.

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Good work on remving a sunburst guitar from the vista series. more people need to get on that. Are those GFS pickups? any good?

How are those guitar stands, I saw one in a shop here and was wondering what it even was (it was folded up). i'm not a fan of the clear plastic colours but the fact they're small is good.
Shabba.
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

James wrote:Good work on remving a sunburst guitar from the vista series. more people need to get on that. Are those GFS pickups? any good?

How are those guitar stands, I saw one in a shop here and was wondering what it even was (it was folded up). i'm not a fan of the clear plastic colours but the fact they're small is good.
'remving a sunburst guitar from the vista series' ?? I don't follow, it's a 2007 chinese Squier, not a vista.

Yes they are GFS pickups...I like them, they sound good to me. I prefer them to the 'duncan designed' jobbies that were in it stock.

The stands are ok, I bought 3 of them because they were on sale and my guitars were just hanging around against walls, amps and stuff...they are very light and if you knocked the guitar pretty hard it would still fall over...but they do the job, and they were cheaper than anything else.

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Ah. I first read these soon after it was posted and then didn't reread any before replying just now. Someone else was talking about a vista one recently and I mixed it up. Jagmasters look shit in sunburst, sometimes a jazzy will pull it off, but pretty much all solidbody guitars look better in something else.
Shabba.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

James wrote:Ah. I first read these soon after it was posted and then didn't reread any before replying just now. Someone else was talking about a vista one recently and I mixed it up. Jagmasters look shit in sunburst, sometimes a jazzy will pull it off, but pretty much all solidbody guitars look better in something else.
My Jagmaster resents that...

Haha, if somebody wants to paint it for me, I'd be more than willing to ship it. :)
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I think your jagmaster proves it.
Shabba.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

James wrote:I think your jagmaster proves it.
:)

I sincerely do hate sunburst finishes. I will never understand why people are all so crazy about them. Do they offer more mojo?
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Sparky wrote:
James wrote:I think your jagmaster proves it.
:)

I sincerely do hate sunburst finishes. I will never understand why people are all so crazy about them. Do they offer more mojo?
i love the three tone burst on my amdel jazz bass! but it's three tone so it adds a depth of color that a normal burst doesn't. however, of my guitars, i have a white tele, a black gretsch, a surf green strat and a black ibanez...i may never buy a sunburst six string.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Sunburst on a Jaguar looks great with teh tort and the chrome plates. Anything else I hate it on.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Mike wrote:Sunburst on a Jaguar looks great with teh tort and the chrome plates. Anything else I hate it on.
i love the look of a worn sunburst on guitars. to me it looks really genuine, to see that intricate finish all worn and fucked up...but i really do love the look of my sun burst jazz bass. like i said, it's three tone though, so maybe that's the difference?
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

yea, the CBS era "faux burst" (where they would prime the guitar in white first) looks awesome when it is all trashed and beat to hell. they should bring that back on some 70s reissue models.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Sparky

Post by Sparky »