VIDEO: Recording Log Part 1

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

letsgocoyote

VIDEO: Recording Log Part 1

Post by letsgocoyote »

So I am going to finally do a bunch of recording. Partly to share the experience, and partly as a measure of accountabliity so i actually do it, I am documenting the process

THis is the first video in the series. I am going to try and keep it up about weekly, with various interesting snippets. Let me know what you think and if you have any tips!

[youtube][/youtube]
Al_

Post by Al_ »

Good stuff! That Akai unit looks pretty cool; along with the integration with garageband/iPhone. You said you needed a separate midi-bridge app with that as well to actually get it to play through the Akai? And is the signal path iPhone-->Akai-->Tascam recorder? Might be something worth looking into for my setup as well.

Do you have other mics than the Nady or will you use that to record acoustic guitar as well? If you have other friends who do recording you might be able to borrow some mics from them.

At any rate, looks like a cool set up. Have fun!
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Great, detailed video. I love this kind of thing.

Looking forward to the rest of the series!
letsgocoyote

Post by letsgocoyote »

Thanks guys. The Akai is great. I posted a video review in the Effects and Accessories subgroup check it out

I only have two of these Nady mics. They really aren't bad IMO. I have some friends with Sm57/58 but I don't want to borrow things for extended periods. The Nadys really do well enough for me

I'll maybe make another video tomorrow or this weekend, or hopefully both!!!