Ugly Jaguar type guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

landon

Ugly Jaguar type guitar

Post by landon »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Custom-H ... 46005e6695

wow. it even has a jaguar animal inlay. disgusting looking guitar the worst ive seen in awhile.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

"That guitar has boobs."
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

Yes, uglier than ugly...
[quote="Doog"]Another of life's great mysteries solved.

Next week: where does my room go when I turn off the lights?
thefullbrain

Post by thefullbrain »

Is this some sort of fucking joke?
I honk and parp in Kellar

http://kellar.bandcamp.com/ - You can click it now, there's an album there and everything.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Apparently this guitar sets you on fire when you play it...

dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

I can't really wrap my mind around why someone would need to go back and forth between standard and drop D so quickly and often enough to warrant a hardware device to do the job. I also can't imagine a mechanical device can really provide accurate and repeatable tuning.

Somehow this is the most offensive aspect to me.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

avj wrote:I can't really wrap my mind around why someone would need to go back and forth between standard and drop D so quickly and often enough to warrant a hardware device to do the job. I also can't imagine a mechanical device can really provide accurate and repeatable tuning.

I played a GAX that had a drop d lever (below the bridge though), seemed pretty stable switching back and forth. I totally see the use of it.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

That guitar is as pretty as three sphincters stitched together.
avj wrote:I can't really wrap my mind around why someone would need to go back and forth between standard and drop D so quickly and often enough to warrant a hardware device to do the job. I also can't imagine a mechanical device can really provide accurate and repeatable tuning.

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a little wanky, but, it does have its use. Of course, almost no one else actually does this sort of thing; most people people use it between songs, and it's quite silly.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

The inlay is the only cool thing about that guitar.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Rox

Post by Rox »

I don't mind it .. Seems pretty cool.. Jag esque ... Just not a Jag ...

Example : JAG

Not a JAG...

Any questions ?
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

I dunno. One band I'm in has all songs but four in standard tuning. So those 4 songs are always grouped together in the set. It would be nice to be able to change things up every now and again.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

gaybear wrote:

I dunno. One band I'm in has all songs but four in standard tuning. So those 4 songs are always grouped together in the set. It would be nice to be able to change things up every now and again.
We switch frequently as well, but it takes less than ten seconds to retune. I guess I just don't understand why someone would slap some ugly-ass thing on a guitar to save ten seconds. Not to mention, our friend Science seems to agree that tuning down to pitch rather than up into it is not a great idea—discounting locking tuners, of course.
duosonic

Post by duosonic »

that's one ugly guitar.

the drop d tuners are cool but I don't use them. for me... I gig with 2 guitars. One is standard tuning and the other is DADF#AD.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

avj wrote:
gaybear wrote:

We switch frequently as well, but it takes less than ten seconds to retune. I guess I just don't understand why someone would slap some ugly-ass thing on a guitar to save ten seconds. Not to mention, our friend Science seems to agree that tuning down to pitch rather than up into it is not a great idea—discounting locking tuners, of course.

haha, honestly, i don't really do drop-d (i play keyboards in the band i was refering to), so i'm knda talking out my ass.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

that guitar reminds me of the thread where the guy tried to build a jag-stang without using templates or any plans but figured he'd get close enough by just cutting away.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

i think i just threw up a little bit in my mouth
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

endsjustifymeans wrote:Apparently this guitar sets you on fire when you play it...
► Show Spoiler
[/spoil]
Presumably an act of self-immolation on the guitar's part, due to
a) its looks, and
b) the Johnny Tryhard playing it, donned with 'ROCK WITH THE ROCK' t-shirt.

Nothing says "rockstar" like a 'Rock And Roll World Tour' t-shirt. I hear Bono wears his as pyjamas.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

SKC Willie wrote:that guitar reminds me of the thread where the guy tried to build a jag-stang without using templates or any plans but figured he'd get close enough by just cutting away.
I think I know the one you're talking about. Pains me to say it now, but He did an actual decent job considering.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

Gabon Ebony compound radiused fretboard ( 17"-20")
:shock: Isn't that like flatter than flat for a fretboard? RG's are only about 12~15" and I doubt anyone could tell the change between 17 to 20 as they go up the neck.
A case of over engineering for the sake of it.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

20" is pretty flat, but I'm sure exists only because Stewmac makes gauges for that radius. Compounding does seem pretty excessive.

You can fix this thing with a refin, but not at that price point.