My Mustang project

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

rlm2112

Post by rlm2112 »

Really cool guitar! I like the chick decal :D
NJjoanjettfan wrote: Boy am I glad I got my Fender Lead II and Lead III when I did. I've even swapped off the necks to save the originals from wear.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

eh, don't like the change. still looks good, just really dug it with the duo bridge.

also, more than ever it needs this type of cut on the bottom of the guard:
► Show Spoiler
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
bradzeera

Post by bradzeera »

Want! Good choice with the Dimarzio
jamba72

Post by jamba72 »

h8mtv wrote:Here she is with the tele bridge. I have this bridge on 3 of my guitars now and really like it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
shes a beauty, really the look I love..natural finish, nice wood..hot sticker 8)

I assume, the tele bridge intonates better than the duo sonic?
bradzeera

Post by bradzeera »

If intonation is a problem I'd just recommend a compensated nut rather than a tele bridge.
George

Post by George »

Those compensated Tele saddles do the job nicely - quite a neat design and cheaper than a nut (if you're a sucker who has to pay, like me).

That said, with 10-46 strings my Tele is intonanted so it's green across my tuner - I can't really notice the difference.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Those bridges have really nice feel and mass too.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

I am really thinking of adding a toggle selector switch like a cyclone and adding a full sized bucker in mid position.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Anyone know if I will need a straight or angled pickup selector toggle? They sell both types of les paul type toggles. I am guessing angled, but not sure.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Eh, why? What do you need to "switch" exactly?
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Addam

Post by Addam »

Either angled or 'short'

Assuming standard 'mustang' body thickness, the standard size les paul style switch is longer than the body thick.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Pens wrote:Eh, why? What do you need to "switch" exactly?
h8mtv wrote:I am really thinking of adding a toggle selector switch like a cyclone and adding a full sized bucker in mid position.
your multiple running games and linux penguin background must have been blocking that part of the thread.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

I have a friend with a very old and worn Fender. The pickup is in the mid position, I am guessing probably a Musicmaster. Some time in the past a P90 was put in it. When it crapped out he put in a mini humbucker. It sounds amazing. I'd like to try to harness some of that mojo.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
Pens wrote:Eh, why? What do you need to "switch" exactly?
h8mtv wrote:I am really thinking of adding a toggle selector switch like a cyclone and adding a full sized bucker in mid position.
your multiple running games and linux penguin background must have been blocking that part of the thread.
Sorry. I was too busy trying to fix my daughter's Windows 7 netbook and missed one of the posts.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Well I found another Jagmaster neck and I have this SX body from a 24" scale Rondo guitar. I decided to leave that one intact and attack the SX.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by h8mtv on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cur

Post by cur »

Is jagstang a conversion neck? New Jagmaster neck will fit perfectly with a 24" sx body, but it is a conversion neck.

SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

Jagstang is not a conversion neck if I remember correctly. Those SX guitars all have conversion necks AND the neck pocket isn't standard Fender size.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
cur

Post by cur »

I put a jagsmaster neck on my 24" scale SX and it fit like a glove. No modifications needed. Do not know about their other models, I remember you had the SX tele so I am guessing that one was different.

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

portugalwillie wrote:Jagstang is not a conversion neck if I remember correctly. Those SX guitars all have conversion necks AND the neck pocket isn't standard Fender size.
+1
cur

Post by cur »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
portugalwillie wrote:Jagstang is not a conversion neck if I remember correctly. Those SX guitars all have conversion necks AND the neck pocket isn't standard Fender size.
+1
Ok I miss read that the first time. So you're saying that even the 25.5" scale guitars have conversion necks on them and they just change the pocket to bridge distance to compensate? I usually think of the conversion necks as 24" scale. I can see having a non-fender sized neck but I would not think of it as conversion unless it is 24 oar maybe 24.75" in length.