M9 & M13 Thrad

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Could someone do a quick size comparison photo so I can get an idea of how large the M13 is please? Just sizing up my pedal board at the moment to see if one will fit on. I don't have a tap measure handy to measure out the dimensions of either, so a quick shot comparing it to a boss pedal would be lovely.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

So its as long as about 3 boss compacts top to tail?
Haze

Post by Haze »

2 1/2 boss pedals tall
3 1/3 boss pedals wide
science'd
goodhonk

Post by goodhonk »

Rhysyrhys wrote:Could someone do a quick size comparison photo so I can get an idea of how large the M13 is please? Just sizing up my pedal board at the moment to see if one will fit on. I don't have a tap measure handy to measure out the dimensions of either, so a quick shot comparing it to a boss pedal would be lovely.
if you've got a pedaltrain you can size it up here. http://pedalboardplanner.com/
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

Did you guys who have an m9/m13 sell a bunch of your other pedals and use these to replace them? If so, do you miss the pedals you sold?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yup I did, and no I don't!
blacktaxi

Post by blacktaxi »

plaidbeer wrote:Did you guys who have an m9/m13 sell a bunch of your other pedals and use these to replace them? If so, do you miss the pedals you sold?
I've sold a wah-wah, a phaser, a delay and am selling the digitech whammy, and I don't miss any of those.

edit: ooh and i've also sold my spring king! don't miss it as well.
i like chocolate, i like fudge
if i can't make any, i won't budge
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

It was only ( ! ) modulation stuff I sold, and no, I didn't miss any of it. I have since picked up a DMM and am getting a trem pedal too. The former because it's a classic pedal that I only had first time round when I was a bit of a n00b, the latter because I love trem, but frequently can't be arsed to get my M13 out. This speaks more of the way I store my pedals than any shortcomings of the M13.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm always thinking about getting one of these.... Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up used.
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I've thought about buying an M9, but would have to sell off some pedals that it would be replacing. I like the ones I have, but I feel that the M9 can do a lot more in terms of versatility and it sounds good. Plus it has a looper. I'd basically be replacing a Nova Repeater, VD400, maybe an RV-5, Pulsar (if the M9 can do choppy tremolos), and a dirt pedal or two (You Dirty Rat, Bass Big Muff). I'd still keep my OD-3, volume, tuner, CE-2 (arrives today), boost, and maybe the RV-5 (I really like the modulated reverb).
Haze

Post by Haze »

I dropped a Nova Delay, Hardwire RV-7, Verbzilla, CE-3 and an RC-2. Kept the Nova because its an amazing delay and I suggest you keep your repeater. The only thing I really miss is the RV-7, it had so many "always on" reverb settings that all sounded great, but I can't get close to that on my m13 unfortunately. Verbzilla was a wash obviously, same stuff on the m13. Don't miss my analog chorus, lots of options on the m13. And the looper is amazing, reverse, half speed, pre/post effects can be fun to mess with too.

You might as well keep your VD400, its worth a lot more than its resale value imo. If you like your modulated reverb then keep your RV-5, even typing this makes me miss the mod/verb on my rv-7 and, alas there is none on the m13. Ditch the Pulsar, lots of trem options, even a pattern trem ala goatkeeper. Keep any dirt pedals that you like! I kept my pitchblack, not 100% sold on the m13's tuner.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I spend so much time arsing around with the effects that I forget how good the looper is: this evening, I've been performing my favourite trick of learning the chord progression of a song backwards (Wave of Mutilation always works well), recording it with the looper, then reversing it.

Then getting all freaked out by its Twin Peaks-iness and having to go back into the lounge where my wife is.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I'm coming round to the idea of one of these as well. Do away with an amp and go straight to the desk, might even get a Variax and one of them Gibson robo-tuner thingy's. I can spend more time getting pissed at gigs then and sound pro as fuck 8)

Can you multi-track your signal on these? If not why not? I'm currently looking for that Billy Corgan sound.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Well, there are stereo outs. WIll that do you? Not sure about going straight to the desk, though: no amp sims or owt in there.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Im partly being serious here, Line 6 need to do an memory system that can be sequenced with a drummer. That way, you wont even need to play live, live. Sound great and look great whilst staggering around pissed. They should introduce a 'chord formula' bank as well, it could coincide with the artist settings like on the Spider Amps, then we wont even need to write songs anymore. Just rearrange stuff with buttons, add vocal and sound ace.
Makes you wonder what we've been fucking around all these years for.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

This is the equivalent of you pulling a girl's hair because you fancy her, isn't it? Just buy an M9 you big lug. You know you'll love it.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Does anyone think they will ever do tonewood settings? So you can choose between say alder, basswood and mahogany. Perhaps add acrylic in there?
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

benecol wrote:This is the equivalent of you pulling a girl's hair because you fancy her, isn't it? Just buy an M9 you big lug. You know you'll love it.
I'm up for an easy life these days Tim. Line 6 appeal to me for them very reasons, but i think they could and WILL do so much more.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

frantrollols
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.