Unicorn siting - 1976 Lefty Mustang Bass

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Lefty Mustang Bass

Unicorn siting - 1976 Lefty Mustang Bass

Post by Lefty Mustang Bass »

This was on my local craigslist. Nice Dakota Red refin with maple neck. I'd be willing to check it out in person if anyone is interested + if anyone just wants it for parts, let me know, I'd buy the tuners!!! Thanks! http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/2386019775.html
The Unicorn Tamer
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

that's super cool. I don't think I've ever seen a maple neck stang bass. Never really looked for 'em either.

Price is probably about right given the rarity. I guess the problem is buyers are going to be pretty rare as well.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

For a refin? Arghhhh.

What a beautiful neck, though. I'm lame enough to want to put that on my Mustang Bass, reverse headstocked.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Lefty Mustang Bass

Well hey @honeyiscool (nice username btw!), you snatch it up, I'll buy the tuners from you! =)
The Unicorn Tamer
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Thanks! Do you know the band at all? They're one of my all time favorites.

It's a bit too rich for me. Cheaper to buy Bronco Bass parts, like I did with the Musicmaster Bass.
Lefty Mustang Bass

No, I didn't realize it was a band name. I'll have to check em out. One of my aliases is Honey Bomb. =)
I hear ya... if you find any Bronco/Stang/MM lefty tuners plmk! =)
The Unicorn Tamer
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

They are standard tuners I thought. Vintage ones use 11/16" and reissues use 3/4". Hipshot ultralites work well especially if you want to shed some weight and improve weight balance. Bronco Basses can take Schaller M4 tuners with a bit of reaming with a reamer.
Lefty Mustang Bass

Nope, I wish they were standard! Talked to the guy at Hipshot about this even ... Took mine out & gave them a right cleaning too. I'm not looking to do any reaming on my lovely creature of beauty. The only option is replacement with vintage lefties or putting on these heavy attachment ones that Hipshot makes (so you don't have to screw new holes, they attach to the existing ones).
The Unicorn Tamer