Alan Parsons latest project

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Alan Parsons latest project

Post by DGNR8 »

For those who don't know him, Alan Parsons produced and did sound editing for Abbey Road Studio before starting his own musical career in the 70s. This included recording Let It Be on the roof of Apple Studio for the final Beatles album. He was very diplomatic and careful not to criticize anyone, but he did say a popular sentiment of the day was that Phil Spektor vomited on what could have been an even better album by adding orchestra and choir without input from The Beatles.

He has just come out with a set of DVDs on how to record an album. I heard him being interviewed on Adam Carolla's podcast and he said that this effort is intended to give back to the world (vs. to be a big money maker). I don't know about anyone else, but I have a hunch this will be a $100 well spent. I will let you know if I get it, what I think.

Yell Like Hell
rlm2112

Post by rlm2112 »

I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read your mind.
NJjoanjettfan wrote: Boy am I glad I got my Fender Lead II and Lead III when I did. I've even swapped off the necks to save the originals from wear.