pictures of your shortscales

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

antiuser

Post by antiuser »

stewart wrote:ooh, what's the story with the tele?
I call it the Outcaster. It's got a Warmoth (I think) body that I picked up from a parts bin for $30, seems like someone wanted to relic it (or just gave up halfway through sanding it), I liked the way it looked and left it alone, just put a single coat of nitro on it to protect the sanded down bits and painted the words on it with acrylic paint. It had been routed for a humbucker on the bridge and a single coil on the neck, but I had a pair of humbuckers lying around and no singles so I got a Squier Tele Deluxe pickguard on eBay for cheap and routed the neck cavity for a humbucker. Then I saw a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P-90 on sale at the local shop for $35 so I snagged it and, not wanting to waste a humbucker, routed a cavity for a humbucker in the middle position and cut a hole for it in the pickguard. It initially had a crappy Squier tele maple neck which I got for free but eventually decided I hated it so I got a MIM strat neck with a rosewood fretboard (again, parts bin) for $40 and it feels a lot better.

The wiring is a variation of the Brian May Red Special, with individual on/off and phase switches for each pickup, plus another switch for putting the bridge pickup in series or parallel with the others.
TexasSwede

Post by TexasSwede »

antiuser wrote:
stewart wrote:ooh, what's the story with the tele?
I call it the Outcaster. It's got a Warmoth (I think) body that I picked up from a parts bin for $30...

The wiring is a variation of the Brian May Red Special, with individual on/off and phase switches for each pickup, plus another switch for putting the bridge pickup in series or parallel with the others.
I love the Tele, and what a great "parts bin" story! You just never know what you'll find. I bought a dirty set neck Ibanez Iceman IC400 for $50 in a clearance bin. Shop owner said it was missing knobs and strings! It cleaned up real nice and would probably bring me $300-$500 on ebay if I sold it. I hate the shape, but love the tone and sustain!

So how do you like the Brian May wiring? Would you do it again?
Member on ReRanch wrote:Virtually EVERY SINGLE PROJECT over at Offset starts with a man, a dream, and a turd brown Jag/Jazz/Mustang.
antiuser

Post by antiuser »

Yeah I like the wiring. This one's a keeper.

This is actually the 3rd iteration of it with different wiring. At first, when it only had 2 pickups, I had it wired like a Fender Tele Deluxe, but then after I got the P90 I filled all the holes in the pickguard with epoxy resin, sanded it down and spraypainted it flat black (quickcolor black - cheapest spraypaint ever).
Phil O'Keefe

Post by Phil O'Keefe »

One of these days, I'll have to try to get a picture of all my guitars and basses and post it, but for now, here's the group shot of my three shortscale offsets:

What can I say? I like custom / pastel colors. :oops: :lol:
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Phil O'Keefe wrote:One of these days, I'll have to try to get a picture of all my guitars and basses and post it, but for now, here's the group shot of my three shortscale offsets:

What can I say? I like custom / pastel colors. :oops: :lol:
Those are amazing! I can't wait to finish my Musicmaster and build a Mustang.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

sweet jorb, phil. a lovely bunch of coconuts.
broncobuster80

h14 bobkat/stage 25 amp

Post by broncobuster80 »

Was playing on the backporch and figured id snap a pic... was going to just do a video but my card only had about 30 seconds left on it - time to clean it out
harmony bobkat h-14 by fenderss80, on Flickr
I guess on the last practices or at a recent show I got a ding or two on the h14, course thats what a guitar is suppose to do :D
fat southern dude from Ends post wrote:so take that all you brand snobs.. you go buy all them high dollar f^<kn' gear, you still cant get tone like that. you know why? cause your a dumb @ss
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

what is that amp, dude?

your little setup looks like fun.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

That crystal ball amp angling stratagem is BUCKWILD!
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

univox stage something or other?

broncobuster80

Post by broncobuster80 »

hahaha yeah gotta love the prop! as far as the setup, it really works well together.

yup hotrod, its univox (unicord) mij and was their copy of the Champ amp. Its got some awesome vibe and Ill cut my left nut out and youtube the video for one of those 120's
fat southern dude from Ends post wrote:so take that all you brand snobs.. you go buy all them high dollar f^<kn' gear, you still cant get tone like that. you know why? cause your a dumb @ss
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

[quote="User "Meanspirit" from Talkbass"]I'm looking for some info on a combo amp I just acquired. It's called a Unicord 720, made in the USA, 130 watts solid state through a 15", with built-in spring reverb, three channels, and a master volume. (I'm assuming from the reverb/master vol combo that this was built as a lead guitar amp.) Anyone have any experience using these or similar Unicord/Univox models as bass amps? Any info--particularly regarding maintenance issues, common problems, etc.--is appreciated.[/quote]

Here's a link to the thrad:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297587
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Gnah. totally the wrong amp.
Info is sparse on these.
broncobuster80

Post by broncobuster80 »

far as I know they are all MIJ... might be wrong though
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

that was actually the first link i found though, lat lat.

i'd love to hear yours bronc. i've pm'd you by the way.
broncobuster80

Post by broncobuster80 »

This dirty lil tramp was found hangin out around the trash bins! :D REEEEEEEFIIIINISH ****it is an E-110*** flickr photos have been renamed
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by broncobuster80 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

the pictures are labeled as ET-110, but that looks like an E-110. i think the ET's had two pickups?
broncobuster80

Post by broncobuster80 »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:the pictures are labeled as ET-110, but that looks like an E-110. i think the ET's had two pickups?
im glad you pointed that out hotrod, that was a brain glitch on my part. Fixing that now
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

dirty bitches... i was trying to get them to breed but nothing's come of it.

hurb had a fiddle with mine over the weekend, did a spot of setup tweaking... i've stuck the mute back on it and it's playing really nicely. sw-w-w-w-eee-e-e-e-eet. cheers hurb!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That's a photo that makes me wish I had four arms.