drunken purchase finished..!

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

benwalker

drunken purchase finished..!

Post by benwalker »

sooo... i click "buy" on a warmoth showcase body after one two many beers. Chambered ash body with a maple cap... very noice.

finished product is below:

neck is from a US Deluxe Strat that I bought (neck only) a couple of years ago, it was on a lake placid blue strat for ages along with 3x tappable single coils... (my attempt as copying early schecter strats),

Pickups are tom anderson H3+ in the bridge, tappable single coils in the neck and middle (hmm - spot the influence...). The 3-way toggles are on-off-full for each pickup. Tone pot is a Torres mid-shifter (impedence based passive mid-shift, that can double as a standard tone pot...).

The bridge is an old fender/floyd locking trem - the strings are top-loaded with allen wrenches to clamp them in. It's also got a tremsetter, LSR and sperzel locking tuners.. so shouldn't ever go out of tune..

is it short scale, nope... does it rock? hell yeah... and copes with everything in between. The tapped HB sounds single coil enough to get away with strat tones, and the midshifting allows it to work with any amp... though at the moment i seem to be noodling in an 80s rock vein... very, very, bad...
my signature goes here
blacktaxi

Post by blacktaxi »

Not a fan of maple tops and pickguardless guitars, but that mid-shift thingy is a nice touch. Maybe you could do a demo?

I've had my clapton strat for over two weeks now, and although I find the mid boost wonky, the TBX tone control is actually nice. In fact, it is much more useful than regular tone control - It actually changes the sound a bit, not just muffles off highs, and for the first time I have a guitar where I almost never have my tone control at 10.
i like chocolate, i like fudge
if i can't make any, i won't budge
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Not my style, but looks like you did a good job. Sounds like it's a really versatile guitar.
Asher

Post by Asher »

Looks nice! How does it sound?
Haze

Post by Haze »

Looks amazing Ben. Whats up with the tapped single coils? I've been seeing more and more of them but i don't think ive ever actually heard them.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i dig the maple cap and what appears to be maple binding around the outside, i think its still in the realm of being tasty.
Jahsoul

Post by Jahsoul »

Drunken web browsing makes guitar pedals and parts leave and come to my house.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

can i give you a idea.

since it´s had acustic chamber , you can make it acustic too. Piezzo :wink:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID19
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=307100
Precise dwarf bravery