new electro harmonix stuff

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

benecol

Post by benecol »

less_cunning wrote:blah blah blah waffle i would venture to say that it speaks volumes to the demographics & lack of diversity on STRAIGHTWHITEMALEDOTORG. uh, i mean, cough, shortscaledotorg same old shit etc etc
Care to point out an age, race, sex, gender or persuasion that isn't represented on the boards? But take it to PMs, eh? And send it to yourself, rather than me. Ta.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Is it all SMD? Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Well, I suppose it has some bearing on the price. I would expect it to be lower than £134 for SMD although I'll freely admit to not knowing a lot about the production details.

I've nothing against SMD, the Ultra Fuzz uses it and it's a fantastic pedal. The only experience I've had with EHX SMD is a Micro Metal Muff I was very disappointed with. Still, these could be worth the money I suppose.
Shabba.
less_cunning

Post by less_cunning »

James wrote:Is it all SMD? Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Well, I suppose it has some bearing on the price. I would expect it to be lower than £134 for SMD although I'll freely admit to not knowing a lot about the production details.

I've nothing against SMD, the Ultra Fuzz uses it and it's a fantastic pedal. The only experience I've had with EHX SMD is a Micro Metal Muff I was very disappointed with. Still, these could be worth the money I suppose.
yeah i know right? all a sudden analog is "trendy" now. if this were 20 years ago we'd all be clamoring for digital pedals & ditching the "old" analog ones.

EHX is doing a good job creating pedals w/ software. IMO. Line 6. not so good...
George

Post by George »

less_cunning wrote:
James wrote:Is it all SMD? Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Well, I suppose it has some bearing on the price. I would expect it to be lower than £134 for SMD although I'll freely admit to not knowing a lot about the production details.

yeah i know right? all a sudden analog is "trendy" now. if this were 20 years ago we'd all be clamoring for digital pedals & ditching the "old" analog ones.

EHX is doing a good job creating pedals w/ software. IMO. Line 6. not so good...
No way. The line 6 Verbzilla is a fucking awesome pedal, as are some of their other offerings. And I can't imagine analog pedals were ever not sought after among end consumers, perhaps not sold or marketed as much when digital first hit the scene maybe.
benecol

Post by benecol »

Nope. Late 80's and early 90's, it was all about MultiFX. Really. I saw it.
George

Post by George »

Sad times. I've only ever been dissappointed with those things.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

The only multi fx box i've ever liked was the digitech rp 500

will own one someday...
Last edited by Noirie. on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
chisa

Post by chisa »

i rocked a quadraverb for a bit - ouch :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

less_cunning wrote:

SMD is not Digital, it is still analog, just miniature in size. Please stop spouting off about stuff you have zero knowledge of.

It stands for Surface Mount Device.
less_cunning

Post by less_cunning »

your right but IDK anything but i am pretty sure they use software it was in that one Boing video where they went to the EHX factotry last winter. thank you for correcting me though i appreciate it.

i really don't care what name they call the software to make algorhythims & Hazarai.
Reece

Post by Reece »

less_cunning wrote:your right but IDK anything but i am pretty sure they use software it was in that one Boing video where they went to the EHX factotry last winter.

i really don't care what name they call the software to make algorhythims & Hazarai.
you appear to have misunderstood, that post was all over the place.
SMD can be digital but it is not inherently digital.

i think...
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

less_cunning wrote:your right but IDK anything but i am pretty sure they use software it was in that one Boing video where they went to the EHX factotry last winter. thank you for correcting me though i appreciate it.

That is called DSP. Digital Signal Processing.

SMD and DSP share one thing in common. They are both TLAs.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Man this boy is a bellend.
Marquischacha

Post by Marquischacha »

Wow, the Cathedral and the V256 look great.

Single Drone, Minor Drone, Major Drone. YES.
nomorebridge

Post by nomorebridge »

chisa wrote:i rocked a quadraverb for a bit - ouch :lol:
hey...nowt wrong there pal :D
FitzG

Post by FitzG »

chisa wrote:i rocked a quadraverb for a bit - ouch :lol:
I still do :P
Tis a noisy bugger
hotrodperlmutter wrote:i'd be like, alright guitar lets rock!!!

and he'd be like, nah bro, lets fucking get high and have some beers and talk about pussy, and i'd be like COME ON BITCH, and then he'd start crying.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Mike wrote:
less_cunning wrote:your right but IDK anything but i am pretty sure they use software it was in that one Boing video where they went to the EHX factotry last winter. thank you for correcting me though i appreciate it.

That is called DSP. Digital Signal Processing.

SMD and DSP share one thing in common. They are both TLAs.
something I've wondered about, what makes something digital exactly? does it just mean that it uses logic circuits, and or gates, things like that?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Logic and Logic gates are an application of Digital electronics, but not the be all and end all.

In it's purest form Digital processing means that the real analogue signal (which is continuous in amplitude and time) has been sample and quantised (introducing error in the process) to a specific representation in zeros and ones (forming floating point or fixed point representation) of the signal at a given point in time (defined by the speed of the clock driving the circuitry and the sample rate).

If something goes through sample and quantise (A->D or Analogue to Digital) before it is processed then you're dealing with the Digital domain.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

signal processing, which requires sampling the signal and the processing it using algorithms and then the output of that resampled signal.

Logic circuits are not much use themselves.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

and mike got there first.