Post your #1 Guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Justin J

Post by Justin J »

James wrote:How is the weight on yours?
ridiculous, but my only complaint with the guitar. straplocks were a must.
it's got a maple top, unlike the old gibson customs which had mahogany. and i'm sure the kahler adds quite a bit, too.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

1972 Fender Bronco

When i got thing back in 04' it was sooooooooo fucked up. it was routed out for a second pickup and had a tele neck pickup in the neck, with the OG bronco pickup still in the bridge. I filled in all the bad parts, got a new tort pickguard for it, a seymour duncan DuckBucker pickup for the bridge and put the bronco pickup in the bridge of my duocaster.

i have played it so much over the last year or so that the paint on the top of it has been wearing off. not that i really care because it was refinned a long ass time ago (no idea when but its spot on for faded oly white, matches my mustang bass perfect.)

to be honest i didn't really play the thing that much before i got the bass and made it look like the bronco. it kind of re-introduced me to the guitar and i never put the thing down after that. the neck is worn in, same size and shape as all my other's, i still like the jagstang neck better but thats just because i grew up with that guitar and played it every day for 8 years with no other guitars.
► Show Spoiler
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

72 tele custom. ive not done any mods to it.
► Show Spoiler
or, my ROMO BRONCO. all the mods that were needed were done while it was being built.
► Show Spoiler
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

1964 duo-sonic:

plenty of shortscale mojo, this used to belong to hurb, and as a result of buying it i found this place. hooray!

i suppose my '67 coronado is equally as loved as the duo, i could if pushed get by with just these two guitars and nothing else. they compliment each other perfectly.

suede

Post by suede »

these two, although I don't play guitar that much this days....
I'll see you in hell with the rest of the trash
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

My #1 go-to guitar is my Mustang. Its a '69 RI with the neck of a '66 RI. It's lightweight, really nice to play and sounds pretty good. Therefore perfect for being able to just grab and mess around with whenever i feel like it.

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

The one that if I had to sell everything but 1 I would keep
Reece

Post by Reece »

CIJ Jaguar.

Haven't changed a thing except the strings and the intonation since the day i got it from Fran.

The only thing I need to do is get a mustang bridge.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I wish i got a sunburst jag now :( the off white gets abit boring after a while. Still love it loads though.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

The one that gets most used:

dub

Post by dub »

I'm going to warn you. It ain't pretty.
► Show Spoiler
The neck is just perfect. Ebony on maple. Wide but not too thin, I've got average hands I guess, but stubby fingertips.
The body has a wooden core surrounded by some sort of of mdf mixed with superheavy rock-hard glue. Weighs like 13 pounds. The dirty fingers pickups need potting but they sound sweeeeeeet.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

WTF that's totally pretty.. do want
plesiosaurus

Post by plesiosaurus »

Nick wrote:WTF that's totally pretty.. do want
+1

That guitar rules. Probably one of my faves ever actually. Rad.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

HOAP THIS GETS REPLACED SOON BY MAH NEW JAGUAR:

dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Ty

Post by Ty »

I forgot about that Jagmaster you own, also your boxer has a nice coat, and interesting stripes, don't think I've ever seen a boxer with stripes.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

i think it has to me this. Epiphone les paul goldtop. i got this from a friend, he had an insane amount of gear, but only used one or two of the guitars he owned. i've always lusted after a goldtop, p90 pickups are the sound i love. so i got this off him. at one point, i tried to install a mini humbucker in the bridge, which failed big time and as i was trying to scrape some of the superglue (yes, i was a noob to guitar mods) off i caught the top finish. i put it back to stock and messed around with pickup heights and string gauges and it's now been the main guitar i use at practice/gigs. such a lovely bright clean and nice crunch, but with a little more oomph than a standard single coil.

though since i got my mustang and especially since i fixed the tuning stability, this may takeover. used it for Sunday's practice and it sounded fucking sweet.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

dub wrote:I'm going to warn you. It ain't pretty.
► Show Spoiler
The neck is just perfect. Ebony on maple. Wide but not too thin, I've got average hands I guess, but stubby fingertips.
The body has a wooden core surrounded by some sort of of mdf mixed with superheavy rock-hard glue. Weighs like 13 pounds. The dirty fingers pickups need potting but they sound sweeeeeeet.
<3 Sonnex and Marauders! Even this dirtycream example is still aaaaawesome!

One of these days, I'll own a proper one of these, and not a crappy knockoff:
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Had to post two because they sound (and feel) totally different and I love them both.

'97 CIJ Jag
Bought this one from our very own Gavin about 4 years ago. Had it professionally set up 'cause I couldn't do it, and it turns out the neck needed stoning (I think that was the word), whatever that means. And they filed the saddles a bit and now it plays like an absolute dream.

'05 620
Brought this over from the USA. I'm going to have this one professionally set up too when I have some money this summer 'cause it's not right, the nut it too high and I daren't faff about with it, and the intonation's a constant bitch.
Marquischacha

Post by Marquischacha »

My #1 is #2 here:
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

This is my go-to guitar, and has been for the whole 2 years since I bought it, partly because the only other guitar I've had for that time is an Affinity Telecaster. It was set up perfectly for me when I bought it, the action is nice and low, and I just love the sound of this thing. All parts are stock. I'm hoping by the end of this year to have a Mustang, so I imagine when that happens it will become my go-to.
► Show Spoiler