Now there is a Guitar Aficionado Magazine

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:

YOUR PREMIER GUIDE TO:

* Strats (Clapton, SRV, Hendrix, Gilmour)
* Teles (Keif, Johnny, Springsteen)
* Custom one off dickface guitars that are also ugly
* Infusing Your Rock & Roll Passion into Your Lifestyle
* Living Life to its Fullest though Entertainment, Fashion and Travel
* Some other trite and zealous bullshit that makes you seem like an uppity crank.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

They obviously didn't want to spend money on the "luxury"of a good photographer, because that photo of that PRS is a fucking joke
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

"elite breed"

Is it possible to come off like more of a bunch of assholes?

"Our readers will be above most people, becasue they are very rich, and blow their money on overpriced status symbols."
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Okay so this magazine is hilarious(unintentional comedy) and kind of neat, i got to check it out at B&N.

Everything is in very glossy color. I thought it was gonna be like $10-15 but it's 7 bucks, i didn't get it but I sat down and read the whole thing.

First off there are a lot of ads for non related guitar stuff. The very first page after the cover is an ad for an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. There are also ads for private travel Jets, fancy liquors etc.. The only Guitar ads I remember seeing were Rickenbacker(nice ad) and Mesa Boogie. I'm sure there were more but those stuck out and those ads looked specially created for the magazine. i think the Mesa AD had a bottle of DRANK or wine on top of the amp.

Real nice section on this crazy esquire Billy Gibbons had made by the Fender Custom Shop.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-d ... quire.html

There was an article about buying guitars as investments and had the top 10 usual suspects like a 1959 Les Paul and such. There was also a feature with Joe Perry where he's riding Black Stallions :lol: .

It really is a hilariously rich guy driven guitar magazine but it has great pictures and is a fun read. Would read every time I go to B&N. If I were these guy's I'd put the magazine in Plastic Shrink Wrap which is the magazine publisher's equivalent of gooping a circuit board.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

jcyphe wrote:Real nice section on this crazy esquire Billy Gibbons had made by the Fender Custom Shop.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-d ... quire.html
that looks like one of those Girl Brand guitars; which are amazing works of art.