Got a guitar for $100 today and it's really....

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Got a guitar for $100 today and it's really....

Post by westtexasred »

[youtube][/youtube]

benecol

Post by benecol »

Very nice - I like that.
Haze

Post by Haze »

ply?
too cheap if you ask me
i would pay tens of dollars for that :wink:
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

I was just looking at these yesterday. such a frustrating guitar. why can't they just do the proper cutaway and upper bout? $100 is just not worth the anxiety of trying to wish this into a real one.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Thanks for the posts.I got it at Guitar Center.Just wanted to have a guitar with P-90s cuz I have none.I'ts solid mahogany neck and body.The neck is huge.

TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

If you like it then I like it too! Is the neck huge because it's cheap or is it Gibson fatness?
Are you a Wizard?
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

TheBurbz wrote:If you like it then I like it too! Is the neck huge because it's cheap or is it Gibson fatness?
Its a really nice neck,fat like a 50's Les Paul.
cur

Post by cur »

That looks nice. Is it set up to play? I just got an SX from Rondo Music last week. I got the SS SST short scale vintage white and I have been working on it and figuring what needs to be done to it. Gave it an initial set up, but need to get the nut cut down. Mine is "vintage" white but it is the exact color of butter, but not as yellow as yours.

enjoy it

cur
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

cur wrote:That looks nice. Is it set up to play? I just got an SX from Rondo Music last week. I got the SS SST short scale vintage white and I have been working on it and figuring what needs to be done to it. Gave it an initial set up, but need to get the nut cut down. Mine is "vintage" white but it is the exact color of butter, but not as yellow as yours.

enjoy it

cur
You should start a thread and post pics/impressions about it, we recently has a thread about those SX strats. I wanted one of those shortscales but shipping to UK is too much monies.
Are you a Wizard?
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

cur wrote:That looks nice. Is it set up to play? I just got an SX from Rondo Music last week. I got the SS SST short scale vintage white and I have been working on it and figuring what needs to be done to it. Gave it an initial set up, but need to get the nut cut down. Mine is "vintage" white but it is the exact color of butter, but not as yellow as yours.

enjoy it

cur
Thanks,I bought this one used but it looks new.It plays great,nice low action,fret ends are smooth.No visible fret wear.Last owner added strap locks.
cur

Post by cur »

TheBurbz, I don't mind posting a new thread about the guitar. Can you upload pics to the site, or do you have to up load to shutterfly or something?

cur
cur

Post by cur »

westtexasred, does it have big giant frets? And does it have a normal Gibson width nut and scale? I was looking at the sx or agile les paul jr's. How do the p90's sound?

cur
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

cur wrote:westtexasred, does it have big giant frets? And does it have a normal Gibson width nut and scale? I was looking at the sx or agile les paul jr's. How do the p90's sound?

cur
Yeah,the frets are big.The width at the nut,scale length and fretboard radius is flat like a Gibson(12"?)The P-90s sound great,pretty much sounds like the Gibson P-90 in the 2003 Melody Maker I used to have.I am not a good player,mostly I just play punk and this is perfect for that,but it also sounds great for rock,blues even surf music.

Ty

Post by Ty »

I always like westtexasred's pics, the inside of your house is like a cool museum of art and oddities.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

silly_rabbit_band wrote:I always like westtexasred's pics, the inside of your house is like a cool museum of art and oddities.
Thanks rabbit!

Ty

Post by Ty »

That pic is genius.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

westtexasred wrote:mostly I just play punk and this is perfect for that,but it also sounds great for rock,blues even surf music.
yea man, p-90s have a really great sound for just bashing out some basic power chords. very punk/garage sounding indeed.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Here is a photo of one that has been stripped.Guy on the Telecaster forum got one with a damaged finish and is going to refinish it in TV Yellow. I just posted so you could see the wood under the paint.