Need a new printer

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

roachello
Cunt Punt

Need a new printer

Post by roachello »

Hello all you art folks!

What's a good printer to get to print out renderings/photos? I need something detailed, fast, and preferably with a scanner. $200 max budget
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

hm,

an epson 9000 something comes to mind , remember using that, don't know much about it, maybe ask at gigposters or something ? they know their stuff :)
Last edited by kim on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

oh and i would get a seperate printer and scanner, never know if one fucks up the other's out of use too :wink:
Diva
Misty Peppers!

Post by Diva »

i was going to recommend epson. my photog instructor uses just that. seems to work well for her. :D as for model, no idea. check out the one kim has posted.
gaybear wrote:i <3 diva
blane

Post by blane »

Put on a backpack and go to the local Campus. Find the Media Lab or Center and use their expensive printers.
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
benecol

Post by benecol »

Just don't buy HP - too fucking expensive. Epson are alright, I suppose, but Samsung seem to be about the best bang for buck, lately.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

epson inks cost a bomb- you need to get them refilled or buy no-name copies, a full set works out almost as much as a new printer, the dogs.
Diva
Misty Peppers!

Post by Diva »

but...you need good ink to make good prints. you need to be checking that shit and seeing how long it lasts and what not. again, you get what you pay for. i haven't checked into inks in awhile, but from past experiences, don't buy cheap stuff to print good things. it fades and discolors FAST. the less acid the better.

honestly, for printing, i send it out or upload it. i can't be arsed to print my shit at home cuz it's way too pricey. it's best to upload it to pro sites (for good prints). i have a favorite that i've used in the past, and i stick by them. everything's always been AWESOME.

that's my recommendation. get a good scanner and a decent printer. for great quality prints, send it out. it's cheaper anyway.
gaybear wrote:i <3 diva
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

I have an HP officejet 5610 and I absolutely loathe it. Putting the ink in is confusing as hell, it takes a while to print out even in black and white, and I can't even get the scanner to work (I followed the directions and everything :( ).

Printing on campus is not helpful at all to us design students. First of all, we have to print in color and in high detail, gloss paper, etc. and we print in mega bulk! We also get our projects done like a few hours before they're due even if we don't slack off. It's a hell of a major but I do it for the results and because of the mega cool factor 8)

A friend recommended me that Canon is a good brand, but I'll see if I can find an affordable Epson. Thanks guys!
benecol

Post by benecol »

No no no no no: buy a Canon rather than an Epson, every time. PMed too.