I have to try to save it...Done 10/12

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

freekandy

Post by freekandy »

needs red tort, too
jaguars :)
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

markocaster wrote:
DuoSonicBoy wrote:Fantastic work - I always get all mushy whenever I see an old guitar get saved.
-1 for the 'bucker, but +1000 for the patch and finish job.

+999 :D
Thanks I guess you all really don't like humbuckers :lol: What the heck it's worth a shot :wink: Still polishing but had to make a mock up to see where I am. I am relicing it to make it match the neck better , but still polishing right now. White pickup cover ?? anyone got an spare??? they dont need??
You should cover the bucker and the single with white pup covers, but I have no idea where you'd get one for a bucker w/o spray painting it.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
astro

Post by astro »

Amazing. You sir, are a miracle worker.

And I might add that if the 'bucker sounds good, then go for it. You saved this baby, so a humbucker is hardly a bad thing considering what the guitar used to look like.

White robroes on both pickups would look awesome, in my opinion.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

astro wrote:Amazing. You sir, are a miracle worker.

And I might add that if the 'bucker sounds good, then go for it. You saved this baby, so a humbucker is hardly a bad thing considering what the guitar used to look like.

White robroes on both pickups would look awesome, in my opinion.
True - this is then one case where a 'bucker in a vintage mustang is actually an improvement. My problems with HBs are mostly aesthetic, so don't take me too seriously :lol:
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

Looks pretty sweet marko. I'd love a mustang in that config., maybe in oly white though...but still, cool build/save!
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

DuoSonicBoy wrote: My problems with HBs are mostly aesthetic, so don't take me too seriously :lol:
...mine aren't! :lol:
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

You can get these through Guitar Parts Resource. They're each like $4.99 a pair. With these, you'd be looking at ass loads of WIN. You'd seriously have one of the best mustangs on the forum.
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

Do it.
astro

Post by astro »

Ninja Mike 808 wrote:You should cover the bucker and the single with white pup covers, but I have no idea where you'd get one for a bucker w/o spray painting it.
You can buy them at Guitar Parts Resource

astro

Post by astro »

Oops, I didn't see your post, DuoSonicBoy! They say that great minds think alike...
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

markocaster wrote:White pickup cover ?? anyone got an spare??? they dont need??
I have a Strat pup cover, but I used it as a template to trace something or other. It has sharpie around the bottom, but that's be below the guard. PM your info if you want it.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

astro wrote:Oops, I didn't see your post, DuoSonicBoy! They say that great minds think alike...
We're just driving the point home. I'm gonna get pissy if he doesn't get them now.

Not as pissy as I'm getting about Mike's white/tort mustang not being done yet, but still pretty pissy.
markocaster

Post by markocaster »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:
astro wrote:Oops, I didn't see your post, DuoSonicBoy! They say that great minds think alike...
We're just driving the point home. I'm gonna get pissy if he doesn't get them now.

Not as pissy as I'm getting about Mike's white/tort mustang not being done yet, but still pretty pissy.
:D :D :D :D :D I will do it ,will match the white tuner knobs and I was also thinking of white knobs for tone/vol , there is a dude over at offset forum, who makes and sells them but they are $10 each.
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

somehow I think black covers would look better...
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:

Patience Grasshopper! It's curing inside. I reckon it'll be done in a month.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Mikes doing a lot better than my Tele project that never got off the fucking ground.

Fucksake euan.
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

You're so lazy. Get off your arse and get shit done!
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I'm not quite lazy. I've always got projects on the go. I just keep dingying ones for others. The body is sanded it just needs sealing and painting, I have everything else more or less to build the guitar. I would part my current white tele to build it I guess.
euan
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

examples of teh soap

soapshire

soapmaster

soapcaster

soapstang
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »