Warmoth compatability *n00b content*

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Fran
The Curmudgeon

Warmoth compatability *n00b content*

Post by Fran »

Hai everyone, i'm new to the forumz..

Anyone know if a Fender kneck will fit on a Warmoth body?
To be more specific, a Bronco neck on a warmoth JS body.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

It should do since Warmoth are Fender Licensed.

The main question is whether a Bronco neck has the same heel as a Jag-Stang neck, and for that, I believe robroe is your man.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Yeah a Bronco will fit a JS. I just wondered if warmoth was slightly different, on their site it says something like parts not for restoring original Fender or something stupid.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That's mainly their pickguards I think, which are a pile of shit. It's also a disclaimer for them to not have to deal with any complaints.

I think with a neck pocket you should be safe though, that wuold be massive fuckwittage on their behalf, and while they are a bunch of pothead idiots (who have my Mustang bridge article on their site with no permission or payment also) I think even that is soemthing they should get right.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Thanks Mike.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Warmoth necks aren't 7.25 or whatever. I think they are 10? I can give you a heel width measurement on my warmoth js if you'd like?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i thought you sold that steaming pile of rock
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Mike wrote:That's mainly their pickguards I think, which are a pile of shit. It's also a disclaimer for them to not have to deal with any complaints.

I think with a neck pocket you should be safe though, that wuold be massive fuckwittage on their behalf, and while they are a bunch of pothead idiots (who have my Mustang bridge article on their site with no permission or payment also) I think even that is soemthing they should get right.

this reminds me of a drum website Bobroe went to. he was looking for shell covering to match his old set of ludwig's from the 60's. he sent them an email with a photo of his drumset in the basement.

a week later they cropped my basement out of the photo and used his drums for an example of thier blue oyster pearl covering. even though its a 40 year old vintage set. fucking lawlzzzzz!!!! bobroe was not pleased. bobroe does not do business with them
dots wrote:incesticide
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

robroe wrote:
Mike wrote:That's mainly their pickguards I think, which are a pile of shit. It's also a disclaimer for them to not have to deal with any complaints.

this reminds me of a drum website Bobroe went to. he was looking for shell covering to match his old set of ludwig's from the 60's. he sent them an email with a photo of his drumset in the basement.

a week later they cropped my basement out of the photo and used his drums for an example of thier blue oyster pearl covering. even though its a 40 year old vintage set. fucking lawlzzzzz!!!! bobroe was not pleased. bobroe does not do business with them
Yeah, that's complete fucking arse.

You can't just take people's shit because it's the internet. Not cool.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

More Cowbell wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
HAHAHH!! "MAN TAPE"
Thanks Cowy, Bronco neck is 4" 1/8 so slightly under.
:D