Not a guitar

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Not a guitar

Post by NickS »

Trish decided I should have a mandolin for my birthday. I didn't even know the tuning - G-D-A-E, Google tells me.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

yeah, it's tuned in fifths rather than fourths like guitar/bass. same tuning as a violin.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Nice lamp! What kind? 8)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I welllllllllll want a mandolin or a banjo, I'd just cheat and tune it to a guitar though, if only to begin with.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
NickS

Post by NickS »

dodgedartdave wrote:Nice lamp! What kind? 8)
The box at the back? Six solar-recharging white LED lamps on stakes ("solar markers") for the garden. From my mother-in-law, but I simply can't think how to use them. I don't hang about in the garden after dark generally because of little biting flying things, and I think they'll just get in the way of mowing the lawn if I put them along the path edge. If I put them on the front lawn they'll just get nicked.
Reece

Post by Reece »

Doog wrote:I welllllllllll want a mandolin or a banjo, I'd just cheat and tune it to a guitar though, if only to begin with.
No need its tuned like an upside down guitar, just flip them chords upside down.

I spent about 2 hours learning chords until I suddenly realsied I was just playing upside down guitar chords for most of them.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

i keep thinking this is some kind of face:
ElCapitan

Post by ElCapitan »

i love playing mandolin, but mine's broken so it only intonates with a capo on fret 2. still wicked fun to play Going To California and Losing My Religion. but that's it though.
iCEByTes wrote:now start drools please