Fender Bullets!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Tex-czech

Fender Bullets!

Post by Tex-czech »

I haven't post lately my mac book broke, the power cord snapped off inside. So no posting, recording etc. for me... Just at the 'rents.

I have had to sale alot, but I managed to get an original bullet. This one is made in the US and A, most of the bodies are plywood, infact I have another body and pickguard (plywood), yet this guitar has a solid wood body and it's thinner. I don't see alot of the first issue bullets with the tele body sporting a maple neck. The body is like 7/8 of the tele, like a shortscale type body with a 25.5" scale. Any one play these or own one before?

They have serious bite to them, the bridge is strange as its connected to the pickguard, all one metal piece.
-Joe
cooter

Post by cooter »

I've got a couple of the Strat style ones in the project stage. One is a Squier ply body the other is a Fender solid wood body. I'm still looking for a deal on a tele style one. If you ever want to get rid of the ply one w/pickguard I might be interested. Kinda low on cash at the moment though. Anyway, they look great and sound just as good. Cool guitars and still slightly under the radar with collectors. Nice score. 8)
Last edited by cooter on Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smells like Rock n' Roll
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I've also had 2 of the strat ones....one MIJ Squier and one MIK squier. They both had fantastic necks. I almost wanted to keep the MIJ, but the slab body really irritated my forearm for some reason (think it was just the size shape more than the fact that it didn't have contours)
cooter

Post by cooter »

You see the bodies on feebay quite often without necks. The tele forces seem to dig the necks and pay nicely for them. Both of mine were aquired without necks. I bought a couple of Eden necks that work nicely.
Smells like Rock n' Roll
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

after hearing several people rave about the necks on these, i went and played one at a local shop and did not like it. i found the neck to be too thin.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

looks boner
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I was looking at them a bit back, its a cool twist on teh Tele imo. There is blonde one on UK eVilbay at the moment, its on a low bid with a few days to go.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Cool.

I like that bridge, because it's so ugly looking.
benecol

Post by benecol »

I used to have one of these! A black MIA model with a white pickguard - didn't have a rail p'up at the bridge though, had one like the neck pickup. I bought the guitar (with case), an 80's Rat II, a Pearl copy of a Fender twin and a WEM vertical 4x12 for £120 from some metaller who'd just bought a hideous metaller guitar. Ultra-bargain (although this was 1991). Saying that, I didn't like it that much - traded it in for an Antoria a few years later. Still have the case, on the slim chance that any UK Shortscalers need a Fender fitted hardcase for a Bullet.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

benecol wrote:I bought the guitar (with case), an 80's Rat II, a Pearl copy of a Fender twin and a WEM vertical 4x12 for £120 from some metaller who'd just bought a hideous metaller guitar. Ultra-bargain (although this was 1991).
£120 for the lot or just for the bullet?
benecol

Post by benecol »

For the whole kit and caboodle - advertised in the local paper, he was a fairly spoilt posh kid, a year or so older than me, and his folks had just bought him a nasty pointy guitar, multi-fx and some cheesey amp, so the old kit had to go - don't think the money was particularly an issue for him.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Cool. Quite a haul.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Used to have a sunburst MIJ as a backup for my Duo-Sonic - neck was ace.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I agree about the neck being a little skinny. I had just the neck for a while on my MIM standard tele, and it was cool, but like you siad, a bit skinny. I was playing 4 string tunings exclusively, so the crooks of my fingers got really sore from squeezing down on the edge of the skinny neck. I imagine if I played one these days with a 6 strign tuning Id like it more.

I sold it for a bunch of money on TDPRI.

Then once upon a time, I had a show coming up, and 1 of 2 guitars I needed. I stopped at the pawn shops and found a squier bullet, like the good ones that just say Squier but they still kick as much ass as, and look just like, the Fenders fro $100!!! Like a big fat idiot, I went home to ask permission, and when i got said permission the next day, the BUllet was GONE
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:after hearing several people rave about the necks on these, i went and played one at a local shop and did not like it. i found the neck to be too thin.
thats exactly why they are so awesome. they are tiny across the fretboard
dots wrote:incesticide