Is this Kurts Mustang?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

hoamaloanTallman wrote:
Has Rick Nielsen ever been called an asshole for depriving the market of guitars?
he's got so many of them... apparently he's opening a museum/venue thing for his guitars here around rockford (where i reside). that's going to be really cool.

But damn, i wish i had a stang. i'd gladly take a modified one too...
I grew up in Rockford, it's my home town. I heard he will be doing weddings there too. If the whole thing ever comes true I will be remaried by Rick.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
hoamaloanTallman

Post by hoamaloanTallman »

that's awesome that your a rockford native. not really something i would expect coming onto these boards, there's not a lot of people playing mustangs, jaguars, and the like at shows besides a jaguar hh here and there. your band ever come through here for shows?
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Justin wrote:
aphasiac wrote:sorry meant "has", not "is".

But yeh ive still played Courtney Love's Fender Venus, and none of you c#nts can take that away from me. Even though i cant prove it.

WELL, I've met George Foreman. He hosted SNL when Hole was the musical guest. At the end of the show, Courtney was wearing just panties and a t shirt, and she jumped up and wrapped her legs around a very suprised Foreman. Which means, he touched her, she touched kurt, and I touched him, so I almost touched Kurt,and Kevin Bacon somehow.

Anyway, about the not trusting him and getting a good deal, let's follow this guys. Look at the feedback in a few weeks before you make that assumption lol. I usually do when it's something dodgy like this, it's like a car wreck in waiting.
Here it is almost 2 weeks later and no feedback from either party about this transaction.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

That Mustang looked pretty nice. I can't imagine them being unsatisfied. "No matter what I do I can't get the Kurdtz with this one."
"The suspence is terrible, I hope it lasts!"
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

Justin wrote:Here it is almost 2 weeks later and no feedback from either party about this transaction.
At first I thought, "hasn't it only been like 2 days since the auction ended?". Then I realized that this thread has gone in so many different directions I went back and looked at the original post and your right, it ended on the 23rd of last month.
It would be insane to buy anything for collector value without proper credentials, but $1300 in today's market seems to be the going rate for right handed guitars of the same year. It would be a good deal if the dude got a lefty for that price.
I wonder if it was bought for the kurtz association or just because it was a lefty. I'm a bit curious to see the buyers feed back now.

And speaking of going into one of those different directions........
hoamaloanTallman wrote:that's awesome that your a rockford native. not really something i would expect coming onto these boards, there's not a lot of people playing mustangs, jaguars, and the like at shows besides a jaguar hh here and there. your band ever come through here for shows?
In my life I have played just about every dump, dive, shithole, skate park, biker bar, vfw hall, gay bar, concert hall and all ager in Rockford.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

There was a time to me I probably would have paid $1300 for a Mustang just like that. Not in that auction though. I mean, if you can't believe what they are saying about it being Kurt's then how can you trust them at all? I don't even know if the guitar exists, of if it's parted together or even a Fender, all sorts of questions in my mind just because I doubt the seller's integrity.

Making a claim like that with nothing to back it up, yeah I'm doubting big time.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Justin wrote:There was a time to me I probably would have paid $1300 for a Mustang just like that. Not in that auction though. I mean, if you can't believe what they are saying about it being Kurt's then how can you trust them at all? I don't even know if the guitar exists, of if it's parted together or even a Fender, all sorts of questions in my mind just because I doubt the seller's integrity.

Making a claim like that with nothing to back it up, yeah I'm doubting big time.
Cobain's equipment site is probably one of the biggest and most popular guitar sites on the web.
And with a site that now has the serial numbers to MOST of Cobain's known and unknown guitars. You still get these people, like the seller of this Mustang, who thinks that he/she is SO much smarter than everyone else.
That we will swallow what they say, hook, line and sinker with no proof at all. I find that not only insulting and wrong, but strangely quite amusing.
I talked to this guy on another guitar forum, that claimed the he got great deals on 2 of his guitars because "they were sold on eBay to buy drugs" Thats right.
Two different people, in two different states listed their guitars, at two different times, so that they could support their drug habits.
"Reason for selling? "I'm fucking strung out on crack and need my next fix!" Haha!